Unpopular opinions or views you hold

It suits some clubs. Especially new ones. But theyā€™d be murder from local publicans if an established club tried to open one in a small club/town.

1 Like

Naas have an unreal clubhouse and bar. I had a very tasty chicken curry, rice and chips in there after a practice match one time.

1 Like

Is there only one club in Naas?

They should become the super club of all super clubs before long.

Some amount of teachers and lads working in Kerry Group/Aldi from proper GAA counties now based there.

2 Likes

I think so yeah. Although Iā€™m sure thereā€™s probably plenty of smaller clubs in the hinterland. They actually had a disco with hundreds upon hundreds of teenagers the same night. Iā€™d say they were raking in the money.

Should be serious football talent coming through too when you consider that Naas CBS beat The Sem in the Hogan Cup final last year. Will they trouble Crokes on Sunday do you reckon? It was a bit of a damp squib when they met in the Leinster final last year in Croker but the tighter confines of Newbridge might suit them better.

Is it not in Parnell Park?

I think they have a decent chance yes as now is the time to get Crokes and for all the hype, Kilmacud havenā€™t been all that impressive this year. While Shane Walsh is a serious player Iā€™m not sure heā€™s made them a better team at all.

1 Like

Galway have that now. Limerick will be back at the rubby soon.

Lahinch is as bad

Twomilehouse are the proper GAA club in the Naas area.

Naas are a soulless super club.

1 Like

Truth be told Crokes havenā€™t impressed much in last 12 months yet I donā€™t think any team has beaten them in 60 minutes in that time and they have two Dublin championships , a Leinster and beaten in extra time in all Ireland final itā€™s some achievementā€¦

Thereā€™s at least 4 other clubs closer to Naas than TMH

2 Likes

Quinnys beloved Eadestown and Sallins to name two Iā€™d reckon

The numbers playing & attending GAA games in Limerick vastly outnumber those of rogbee. Munster propaganda would have you believe that Limericians eat sleep and drink the oval ball game :joy:

Limerick is hurling country. Always has been.

2 Likes

A lot of the fellas who follow the rugby are from the arse end of Tipperary and go up to Limerick for a day out in the big smoke.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Fr. Caseys in Abbeyfeale also have one, a fine Clubhouse and dance floor. There used to be a disco there every Friday night that lads would batter the heads off each other afterwards in the car park.

5 Likes

Wow. Did they just not know the county team was playing in the years preceding 2018?

4 Likes

Limerick hurling support has always been very strong, even our most ardent critics (@peddlerscross ) will admit that.

1 Like

North Kerry, Tipp and Cork

They must be incredible at sneaking into the ground unseenā€¦ they could give lessons to the Mayo backroom team.

2 Likes

What are you shiteing on about you dullard? When we were absolutely rubbish and hadnā€™t a chance of winning anything we used to routinely bring 15k to 20k to 1st round Munster games before the inevitable collapse and defeat.

4 Likes