Unpopular opinions or views you hold

The rest of Limerick wont compete with that.

Poor Joe and Shane Walsh had to go to America to make a few bob over the weekend. Shane missed the All Stars as a result, and Joe arrived home in the small hours before Portumna’s crunch match against Sarsfields.

Fair play to Na Piarsaigh. They built that club house and bar years ago when they weren’t a very successful club, they worked hard to fundraise for it and did a lot of the work themselves.

It’s now funding a full time S&C and Schools Coach for their club.

4 Likes

Guys dont want to hear about hard work… they want an easy out for their own failures so they blame money.

5 Likes

Indeed

8 Likes

Hmmmm…

Pro sports is built on spending. Im not sure you can compare the GGA to the prem :person_shrugging:t2:

Ooooooofffffftttt

1 Like

So a 10 team hurling league/championship home and away. Each team plays 18 games. Top 4 play off 2 semi finals. It might work.

Are Na Piarsaigh the only GAA Club in Limerick with a Club Bar?

Is the ultimate definition of a ‘Super Club’ whether or not you have a Club Bar or not?

Most of Dublin and the Cork City clubs all seem to have them. Thurles and maybe Clonmel Commercials have them in Tipp. Mount Sion in Waterford anyway. Roanmore too. Dont think Ballygunner have one.

Claughan have one I think

1 Like

Claughaun, Mungret, Ballybrown, St. Patrick’s and Ahane all have bars too.

2 Likes

Didn’t realise this.

Would they open much or just after matches and stuff?

And Monaleen, I’d forgotten them.

St. Pats holds lots of functions and is (or used to be) open on weekends

Claughaun is open 7 nights a week. They have a large function hall also. Na Piarsaigh and Mungret also open nightly, as far as I know.

Some of the others have restricted their hours since reopening after Covid. Monaleen open Thursday to Sunday, as do St. Patrick’s I think.

All of them bar Ahane are in the City Division and Ahane isn’t too far from town.

1 Like

There must be some conflict of interest when it comes to players going in there drinking, as obviously you want their money, but don’t really want them in there too much either.

If a fella wants a drink he’ll take a drink.

I’d say Claughaun is going fairly well alright. We lost our bar manager just after the new bar opened, before Covid struck. Shut then obviously and lost custom. The reopening was on a staggered basis. People just weren’t going out. It was hard to find a new bar manager as the hours just weren’t there. The first lad we got was just pure useless. Didn’t click at all. There’s a new lad there now. Very friendly.

It’s a bit all over the place. I think the lotto is on tonight as there was celebrations there last night. But generally we are still closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

It’s hard, especially when GAA die-hards like @Fagan_ODowd won’t even drop over for a pint when they’re in the locality.

Pearses Roscommon have a clubhouse bar. Hardly a super club.

James stephens used to have one in the middle of a housing estate and a pitch out the back of it … had the look of a place you’d drink Porter all day …that’s over 25 years ago now

2 Likes