Unpopular opinions or views you hold

I think it could be Bells palsy. She is no less attractive for it.

Taking one for the team.fair play :cowboy_hat_face:

Aussie Rules is a poor man’s Gaelic football / rugby.

They don’t even have to kick the ball over a bar. Low between the posts will do. It’s so shit that they give you a point for kicking it wide.

It’s a piss poor sport that the Irish media have some fetish over because there’s a few Paddies playing it.

7 Likes

It’s more a combo of Gaelic and American football, except the ball is in play a fair fit.

All non round ball sports are shit.

3 Likes

American football is the greatest sport in the world.

For Irish children of the early 00’s it had a real lure because it was on TG4 every Saturday morning. My first time attending a game at Croke Park coincided with the dog invading the pitch in 2004 at the international rules game. It was thoroughly enjoyable at the time I’d have to say.

1 Like

I went to two games in Sydney, we left the first game not long after half time. It was chronic.

The second game was a bit better as Swans won with 3 late goals, but overall it’s terrible to watch.

1 Like

Theres nothing better then watching a net rattle

5 Likes

Tjsts what gaelic football is missing these days, a random pitch invasions by a JRT

3 Likes

The last invasion was that bulldog from Mayo at the Gaelic grounds :smile:

3 Likes

Gordon Lightfoot’s “the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald” is a woeful dirge.
Today is the anniversary of its loss and the song hasn’t improved in the intervening years.

He just needed Johnny Cash to sing all his songs

There was a period in the mid 2000’s when a dog ended up on the pitch regularly in Ireland.

What was that all about and why did it stop? Animal cruelty?

1 Like

No one used to put a lead on their dog until very recently from what I can remember, so they’d be stolling all over the place. Poor auld doggys don’t get any adventure now

Me da’s favourite song. He worked as a chef on Stena for 38 years mind so maybe that’s why, being a seafarer and all that. Wrecks my head because I keep thinking it’s gonna break out at any point like “wish I was back home in Derry”.

2 Likes

Dogs getting robbed for dog fighting, boss.

@Corksfinedtboy

Fixed that for you.

Our old black dog regularly went down to the Gaelic Grounds to watch league matches. She’d hang out on the pitch at the Caherdavin end. She regularly made the TV highlights. I was particularly embarrassed after one match. Nobody could catch her.

11 Likes

Sorry yank