Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Id be the same. Id go to live sport for the atmosphere and/or meet up with friends. Mostly the latter. Im just as happy watching sport on TV. Maybe its an age thing but I was always like that.

A few songs broke out in Longboats yesterday about 1.45pmā€¦ which was already full by then. Supporters of both having the craic - as much as I hate other people, it was great to have that back. People just having a good time looking forward to a big game.

7 Likes

Im roped in to the Friday of punchestown but itā€™s purely because of a social occasion.

Canā€™t see myself going to the Munster game v Toulouse or any of the Limerick games.

Really enjoying soccer again which was rekindled during lock down so thereā€™s plenty on for me with the racing as well.

1 Like

Important when you go to a game that you have a proper ticket.

Like theres only one place to watch a match in Croke Park and thats right in the centre of the Lower Hogan Stand. Likewise in Thurles you have to be in Old Stand right behind Big Rob Ryan. You really get to the pitch of the occasion when sitting here.

I find you see a lot more at the game than at home too. The TV Coverage is gone terribly sanitised. Looking at the three in studio yesterday in shit suits would give you ire.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve no real interest in listening to the majority of analysts tbh and Iā€™ve started watching racing in silence for a while now. Commentators can create awful bias in your mind.

Some sport is just not that appealing to watch live. Iā€™ve been to golf tournaments and Formula 1. Totally pointless. See nothing. Hurling is special to watch live. You see more if you have a good spot in the Blackrock or Killinan end. Atmosphere electric. The couple of rugby matches I have attended the ball only made a few fleeting appearances and game was very stop start. American college basketball for March madness was electric. College football was good too but it was the pagentary, tailgating etc that made it so interesting.

2 Likes

Phil is better than Tiger.

Think after Phil won his first it was 8-7 to tiger in majors.

James Gandolfiniā€™s performance in The Sorpranos is overrated.

1 Like

I went to the last day of the Irish Open on Adare and the good thing was sitting un rhe stand for the par 3 over the lake.

However, went to the Saturday of the Ryder Cup at the K Club and it was one of the best sport events I ever attended.

Not an unpopular opinion. Just a wrong one. Like saying water is dry

Interestingā€¦ In what sense?

Phil had more ability, Tiger had more drive. I prefer the former. Nothing wrong about that.

In comparison to the likes of Bryan Cranston, I donā€™t think heā€™s as good.

Thereā€™s a huge difference from him in season 1 through 3. He makes it his own and pulls off the cunt very well. Whether heā€™s as good as other lead men I donā€™t know but itā€™s hard to imagine anyone else as T so itā€™s kinda irrelevant

I got a real kick out of being at the match yesterday @BruidheanChaorthainn. Had a grand perch up the back of the stand and could see everything. Thereā€™s great fun to be had roaring at fellas and the quality of jinnet that can be observed at a Munster hurling match is a sight to behold. I could have logged 100 photos on the roaster thread if I was bothered. The two Tipp lads who got the selfie with Liam Cahill just before the throw in would take some beating.

18 Likes

Funnily enough that sounds like hell to me nowadays.

I dunno whatā€™s wrong with me but I hope it changes again soon.

The incredible rise in gambling has gone a long way towards ruining the pure joy of watching sport,
Likewise mobile phone addiction, a half a day spent attending an event may seem an awful waste of time to some

6 Likes

Agree. And then talking about sport and some cunt comes out with i had them backed at yadda yadda yadda. Like I give a fuck like !

4 Likes

Up at league semi final, youā€™ve an awful awful raw bunch following yaā€™s I noticed.