Unpopular opinions or views you hold

:joy::joy::joy:

100pc. The phone thing is huge. Fellas (myself included) hardly watch matches now with whatsapping and posting shite on social media. They’d be afraid if they were at it they’d miss something. Hurling, football and soccer are infinitely better watched live. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I came out of a match buzzing and get texts about what a shite game it was. Pundits in Gaelic football obviously huge contributors to that.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ve not been to enough munster county games to notice ya’s are all probably like that.

Waterford have a lot of Lads in their late 40/ early 50s with the ear ring and the denim jacket…a lot of Ranch hands …

1 Like

I’d be amongst the worst of them. My pal Powery that I go to most of the matches with is almost 100% guaranteed to get into a row at a championship match.

3 Likes

Standard glass factory fashion there. Hurling always had an urban working class following in Waterford.

1 Like

Would Powery shake hands (ah sure it’s just a game lads) after the game with the lads he was rowing with or would it continue on the way out

By God he would not.

14 Likes

Tis the crowd in their 20’s-30’s who’d be constantly calling the ref a cunt for something blatantly obvious I found most bizarre.

A hurling man from Waterford called powery is hardly narrowing down the field much.

1 Like

Davy Fitzgerald was a very cost conscious and budget adherent manager of the Wexford senior hurling team.

4 Likes

Hi Appendage.

Not sure we are allowed to just lie in this thread?

Was it in Wexford he was renting the GPS tracking units, costing more than had they just bought them like every other team? Turns out he was pals with the company they were the from?

Or is that uninformed gossip I’m happy to simply pedal?

Let’s get @powery on to the forum

2 Likes

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

3 Likes

Chef Brown sauce > Tomato Ketchup

2 Likes

David Squires cartoons are shit.

1 Like

Mostly. The jack Charlton one was good.

1 Like

there seems to be no talking to people who already have a predetermined opinion on Davy. I dont know the ins and outs of Waterford and how much money they claim they lost over him, but it seems like he was a nice scapegoat after their Jedward and co board officer ticket issues. All the people clamouring to see Wexford be ruined by Davy and the finances and he would bleed the county dry wouldnt listen to any sort of logic, reason, or more importantly, facts about what he was actually getting. Its great to see all the “stories” then of Davy. He’s like a boogeyman. But his last 2 years in charge of the team were 2 years too long, his final year was a mess with on field results.

4 Likes

These sorts of reasonable assessments of what Davy has or hasn’t done are not allowed on TFK. Real hurling men have decreed that two time all Ireland winner and all Ireland winning manager is a fraud and that’s that.