Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Stiff as a board. Toy show was definitely not Pats thing.

An “insufferable arsehole, a piece of sh*t”.

2 Likes

Think he was just blessed to be the host in a time when kids were funnier and more unpredictable. Some hatchet jobs of kids through those years who made the show what it was and what people are still yearning for not realising tis long gone and not coming back. Coupled with that it was a time when toys were actually decent and not some lump of shite that will catch a child’s eye but they’re sick of it before the gravy is poured over the turkey.

4 Likes

In the old days a six year old kid from Offaly with his own few cattle would be in Dublin for first time and would meet Gay Byrne and bring tears to his eyes with a handshake. We were a proper country then.

10 Likes

The kids on it these days are way to prepped beforehand either by producers or parents. No loose cannon would be allowed these days

8 Likes

Kenny Cunningham is a good pundit

10 Likes

I’m enjoying all the injury time in WC games.

2 Likes

My nephew from West Cork played a bit of music up there last year.
The training, commitment and amount of trips to Dublin was unreal.

As it turned out they played out the show that night.
I had to sit through the whole bloody thing.

1 Like

This is it, it’s like reality TV shows, they look for a load of “characters”. It ends up completely uninteresting then

2 Likes

Better off when there was a bit nepotism and they could end up with any old loon

Anyone who has gone to a drama school should be immediately ruled out

A veritable feast of popular/common opinions being posted on this thread lately?

We might need an adjudicator to volunteer…

5 Likes

Perhaps a highlight reel of some of the genuinely unpopular ones to get us back on track
Like the time myself and @Fagan_ODowd expressed admiration for the minister for Education

2 Likes

Still a better presenter/interviewer than that cringe worthy talentless gimp Tubridy

1 Like

Andy Murray and Rory McIlroy are both thoroughly decent people.

4 Likes

unfortunately, they both suffer from bono syndrome

Also both dull as dishwater.

Not unpopular

Rory, who cheated on his childhood sweetheart and ended two long-term relationships by phone? Feels more British than Irish but hadn’t the conviction to represent Britain? Represents Ireland for cynical PR reasons?.. But i don’t think it’s an unpopular or popular opinion. Most Irish people would be meh on him , not bothered one way or the other I’d say, largely because there’s something fake about him… Is it the put on accent? But it’s more likely because he plays golf, the ultimate wankers sport.

3 Likes

Are the opinions supposed to be unpopular on tfk or in the real world?

Good to see you’re back to your old self after your birthday…

2 Likes