Unpopular opinions or views you hold

They do indeed. But it isnā€™t the sole reason. When they were very good in the 1980s they had no Congolese in the team.

3 Likes

we should look at their structures, them and the dutch

The GOAT doing GOAT things.

Sure Croatia got to the WC final in 2ā€™18 with a similar population to ireland. A greay day watched the final in a pub in thurlus. Cant remember any of it

Lost to Wales in the 2016 quarters. 2014 was their first tournament in 12 years so I think a narrow 1-0 elimination to Argentina was respectable enough.

Alan Dukes was right in what he said althugh he could have phrased it better.

3 Likes

Fifa world cups should be played in November/December

1 Like

I could take or leave a World Cup after the last 16

1 Like

I donā€™t really think pele was nearly as good as people make out.

Fuuuuckin ell :roll_eyes:

He never did it on a cold night at Stoke.

Must have been unusual he didnā€™t end up in Europe?

Pele couldnā€™t leave Brazil while he was at the peak of his powers, it would have caused wide scale riots, Santos officials would have been murdered, different times

Thatā€™s Peleā€™s own fault for not being born in 1960 rather than 1940.

2 Likes

Based on what? Surely his record is pretty sensational? And everyone who ever saw him said he was maybe the greatest player in the world everā€¦

1 Like

Just a hunch. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a clip of playing.

3 Likes

Tfk at its best. Fair play

17 Likes

People focus far too much on the two World Cups Pele won. They need to focus on the two he didnā€™t win when he was at his supposed peak. What a flop. Failed on the big stage.

1 Like

He won 3 actually - During his international career, he won three FIFA World Cups: 1958, 1962 and 1970, the only player to do so. He was kicked off every pitch ā€˜66, got no protection whatsoever.
PelĆ© is the all-time leading goalscorer for Brazil with 77 goals in 92 games. At club level he is Santosā€™ all-time top goalscorer with 643 goals in 659 games.

3 Likes