Unpopular opinions or views you hold

He got injured in the second match in 1962 and didn’t play any further part. Along with 1966, that showed he was soft.

And football didn’t begin until 1992 so you have to disregard everything before that.

2 Likes

:smile::smile:

It’s pretty conclusive tbf

1 Like

You may laugh, but how many goals did Pelé score in Champions League ties in Italy?

None, that’s how many.

None.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever change the game because of Pele? Like they did for Messi and Ronaldo?

Not laughing at your facts. Enjoying the wit :slightly_smiling_face:

Totti was better than PelĂ©. It’s no wonder Johnny Giles was comparing PelĂ© to Wayne Rooney.

This guy Pelé is a cod. Hype is Pelé, reality is Wes Hoolahan.

3 Likes

https://www.quora.com/Is-Pelé-overrated

Bruce Francis and that guy who calls himself a “FIFA Nut” know the score. Your opinions are well sourced.

Fairly compelling evidence he was overrated.

1 Like

Pele counted goals scored in friendlies and games in the park with his mates. An absolute cod

Totally different era, I dont know but I’d say he was every bit of what they said. Flicked a ball over someones head and buried it in a World Cup final at 17

But did he ever score five goals in one World Cup finals match like Oleg Salenko did? No, no he did not.

1 Like

He was the best 17 year old of all time never kicked on though. I pulled off his trick of running one side of the keeper and letting the ball go the other in indoor soccer one time. Only I scored.

5 Likes

And that lob from the half way line they talk about? He put it wide!

I mean Steve Ogrizovic scored from a goal kick.

If ronaldo drags Portugal to the World Cup victory he’ll surely go down as the greatest of all time.

He’s the trophies, the goals scored, played for the biggest teams and really the world cup is all that’s left.

1 Like

The longevity too.

Ronaldo ruined Juventus and got Ole the sack.

You have to trust the people who were there I suppose, Pele would never have gained that reputation if he wasn’t doing it week in week out in a serious Brazilian league,
It’s like Ring and Mackey and Rackard etc, their peers granted them that status, we’ll never know how they’d fare in todays game, but all sports were a lot tougher back then,