US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Sid changes his view on when due process should be followed depending on the case.

Maria Cahill case, when his Provos were under attack, how dare the word alleged isn’t used.

Justice Kavanaugh though, he was an “attempted Rapist” even before a hearing happened.

And let’s not forget his hysterical performance on the Rugby players trial last year.

What’s the problem, pal?

I believe Mairia Cahill when she says that she was raped, I believe Christine Blasey Ford when she says Kavanaugh attempted to rape her, and I believe the woman at the centre of the Belfast trial when she says she was raped.

That’s perfectly consistent.

You don’t even know what point you’re trying to make here.

Yes, you are perfectly consistent in believing any old shit as long as it matches your delusions.

Do you believe the girl you stalked to Australia was a victim?

The racist white supremacist is RATTLED to within an inch of his life :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Jussie Smollett case is this generation’s WMD.

An absolute humiliation for the right-wing media, the racist white supremacist lynch mob and the racist white supremacist who led that lynch mob, Donald Trump.

They all bought fully into the conspiracy theory and invested huge emotional energy in believing lies and disinformation.

Every single thing that I have said about them has been proven correct!

They are FAKE NEWS!

Not sure about that.

You described Cahill as a fantasist.

You have different standards depending on the case.

On Kavanaugh you were going around calling him an Attempted Rapist before a hearing even began.

You are making great hay out of people criticising Smollet before criminal proceedures happened here, but had no problem in not taking a Juries word in a trial in Belfast. A trial you called spectacularly wrong, after cheerleading the prosecution for weeks.

1 Like

He is also a big fan of Michael Avenatti and believes all the “victims” he unearths. Says it all really.

Not really. Cahill is a bit of a fantasist and Eilis O’Hanlon was orchestrating the whole thing behind the scenes for cynical political purposes. Cahill has flitted between Sinn Fein and then hardcore Republican groups which wanted a return to violence (she was a member of one of them until as late as 2012 if I remember rightly), to Labour, to whoever.

Her online behaviour has been not far off Gemma O’Doherty-esque and she shows distinct signs of being unstable.

None of that means I disbelieve her story that she was raped. I absolutely believe her when she says she was and it’s highly likely that her unstable nature is as a result her ordeals when she was being abused.

However the fact of it is, she had a chance to have her day in court and didn’t turn up for it, yet a few months later felt able to be paraded by Enda Kenny outside the Dail on national television.

I’d love to know your reaction if the complainant at the centre of the Belfast trial was paraded around the Dail by Leo Varadkar and everybody told that she had not got justice, because there’s effectively no difference between that and what Enda Kenny did.

Juries have to convict beyond reasonable doubt. It’s perfectly reasonable to have the private opinion that somebody committed a crime even if there wasn’t enough evidence to convict them as guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

We know there wasn’t enough evidence to convict Kavanaugh in a court of law beyond reasonable doubt. That wasn’t the point. The point was that there were multiple highly credible accusations against him that he had committed sexual assault. A supreme court judge cannot have those doubts about their character and behaviour hanging over them. The Republicans did not take those highly credible accusations in any way seriously. behaved in an utterly disgraceful manner which insulted and kicked dirt in the face of every woman in the USA and they should never, ever be let forget it.

The case against Jussie Smollett collapsed almost immediately. There is quite simply no case against him, he has been exonerated and he is innocent - end of.

The absolute humiliation of those who had him judged and convicted based on nothing other than wanting to see a prominent black man go down (hello @anon7035031) is just a delicious by-product of his exoneration.

Another rush to judgement by @Sidney According to the state’s attorney “we dropped the charges in return for his agreement to do community service and forfeit his bond. We didn’t exonerate him”.

A very bad week for the site’s resident clown.

2 Likes

ooft

2 Likes

Get off the stage - you’re finished around here after your racist lynching attempt.

Re-brand mate, @Sidney is dead.

@anon7035031 went to war for his race.

He was routed. :laughing:

another horrendous week of humiliation for the lefties :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m actually starting to feel sorry for poor Sid.

Poor @anon7035031 had to PM @Tassotti for help :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The racist black-hating alcoholic is SEETHING!!!

Bury a story so you can bury people. Stack the courts so you stack up the bodies of poor people.

The Trump fascist regime is shamelessly evil and a deadly enemy to all humanity.

What a long winded way of admitting that you’re a complete hypocrite and change your stances based on the people involved.

I don’t - that’s the point - but it flew over your head like that jumbo jet flew over Ellis Park before the 1995 Rugby World Cup final, hence your only managing a dumb one sentence blusterous response.

Well, well, well.

Fox News’s top legal analyst, Andrew Napolitano, says that Barr’s completely biased summary means that the Mueller report “undoubtedly” DID find evidence of conspiracy and obstruction of justice.

That’s FOX NEWS - which has acted as effectively a North Korean-style state television network for Trump.

So, where’s that Mueller report again?

Oh yeah, Republicans have vowed that it will NEVER see the light of day.

Democracy in the US is under mortal attack.