US Politics II To Trump or not to Trump

I’ve continually asked you to produce arguments as to why you disagree with what I have said here.

You still haven’t done so.

You have however made up quotes, engaged in pointless waffling, and generally acted like a big baby, all because you didn’t like the home truths I told.

Now that’s weak and stupid.

“Prove what I said is wrong or else it’s right!”

Top level debating there.

You’re still at it, I see.

I really do hope you have a soother there to match your whinging.

errr, isn’t that what debating is?

What I do on here is debating.

I frame an argument, always substantiate my points and probe inconsistencies, weaknesses and lack of substance in the positions of others.

Sadly there are very few posters who engage debate on this forum in an honourable manner. It’s all mud slinging, misrepresentations of the others points and failing to address questions. I feel most debates are default victories for me these days as few people actually engage with any integrity or substance.

This thread is a nightmare, tbh.

Lads losing the plot over a two party state where both sides are inhumane capitalist pigs. America is a fucked up place. Republicans may be more backward and racist than Democrats but Democrats themselves are heinous individuals when contemptible people like the Clintons etc involved. Bernie Sanders is the only honourable politician in the US.

6 Likes

The Democrats founded the KKK

1 Like

You’d have to admire Tossy’s persistence in carrying on the same schtick for over 20 years on various INTERNET forums, shouting into the void.

There’s an admirable stubbornness about it.

A bit like that now deceased religious lady who used to dance in the middle of O’Connell Street for decades.

Not really, no.

Anyone can make a statement on anything completely unsupported by facts or reasons, like Sid did above. That doesn’t make their statement necessarily true unless someone else disproves it.

It’s a line of reasoning that isn’t even worth engaging with. Sid is whinging I haven’t gone to the effort to contradict his statement. Meanwhile he has offered nothing at all in support of what he’s said.

“Prove me wrong or else I’m right.” Nonsense stuff.

If it is just made up it should be very easy to disprove right?

Unless it was an opinion? In that case it isn’t a debate, just an argument

Wow, and this is the guy that claims my posts are “weak”. :grinning:

Yeah, an opinion I suppose. With nothing to support it. I don’t see much reason to furiously go off into a great level of detail to engage with something that’s completely unsupported.

Sid make a rake of big blanket statements about a pretty complex issue. Chaos inevitable, it was Trump’s decision etc etc. I thought they were stupid. Two opinions there.

So you’ve got the issue with what he said

Yes, I’ve set out very clearly what my issue with it was.

You saying “you just made that up” is pretty fucking useless as well mate.

You’re without doubt the greatest debater on here. You may not always be right, I may not always agree with you, but by God I respect the goddamn hell out of you.

3 Likes

It was he saying I made things up that he said wasn’t it? I didn’t make anything up, I quoted what he said that I think was stupid.

This isn’t as much fun as I anticipated. Enjoy whatever it is thats happening here

Glas: “Look at what you said. It’s stupid.”

Me and others: “But you’ve just made that up. Nobody said it.”

Glas: “What you said is stupid.”

Me and others: “OK, say why”.

Glas: “No.”

And round and round Glas goes.

I quoted directly what you said. Not sure why you continue to deny that.

Round and round he goes.