US politics - The Don v Ally McBeal.Single,Successful falling Apart

If an elected politician says that wildfires are being started by evil Jews armed with lasers or that no plane ever even hit the 2 towers on 9/11 that is unsettling and itā€™s not ā€œpar for the course for lots of politiciansā€.

As for why sheā€™s getting so much attention, sheā€™s the only open QAnon supporter in Congress so sheā€™s a focal point for them and sheā€™s currently raising $1.5million a week, the most of any Congress person. The Democrats also want to use her to discredit the rest of the GOP so itā€™s a vicious circle.

2 Likes

Politicians and anti semetism are as old as timeā€¦ Iā€™m sure if I was so inclined I could find problematic statements from Irish politicians in the recent past.

We have a chap in the DƔil who was liking tweets about 9/11 and holograms and saying it would make you think.

The Healy Raes, anti vaccers, the DƔil has its fair share of ejits.

Admittedly shes on another level but shes not an abberation in politics. Loons get elected all the time.

The Democrats want to make her the face of the GOP to further fracture their support. Okay fine. But I donā€™t think thatā€™s a winning strategy. They are still playing politics when they have power. The should focus on what they were elected for and start passing legislation.

1 Like

Ahem, Iā€™m pretty sure she believes that no plane struck the Pentagon

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting about them ā€˜standing downā€™ the protesters on the left after the election. I was wondering where they were especially on Jan 6th.

1 Like

Whoā€™s this?

A big silver lining of this pandemic for me is a I now despise Sinn Fein. Iā€™ve no interest in defending any of them anymore. That cunt should be thrown in prison and force-fed healthy snacks.

1 Like

Also thisā€¦

A recent poll found SF supporters were most likely to favour Trump. Quite a broad tent they have between wokesters defending Maduro and populist nationalists in favour of large tax cuts.

I was watching a great show on Sky there called the Seventies. Anyway this show was about the Carter presidency. We got to the bit about Reagan running against him and doesnā€™t Reagan make a speech about how we have to Make America Great Again. That miserable crook Trump couldnā€™t even make up his own lines.

As an aside the party conventions were some craic in those days.

You need to be deprogrammed pal

1 Like

Do you think. I find the circus of American politics amusing. I find Irish lads pretending to care about it as much as you do a little sad. Judging by this thread you have an unhealthy obsession with American politics especially the loony fringes. Take a break for yourself and go out and get some fresh air. You wonā€™t regret it.

2 Likes

Did Q give approval for this?

Theyā€™re the new fianna fail

Seems some legal experts think not talking may ā€œnot talkā€ himself into the slammer and see the request for him to appear rather than a subpeona as a clever trap.

Jesus! In all its multiple connotations!

1 Like

Great news for the lads

ā€˜Sent a mob to kill himā€™ The Guardian is the pits.

1 Like

A fat clown basically, got in on the nationwide SF swing, more luck to him, thatā€™s democracy. Seamie Morris, a very good SF councillor for years fell out with them before the election, he wouldā€™ve topped the poll

As Dunphy famously said about Harry Kewell, ā€œA fat clown for all to seeā€

2 Likes