US politics - The Don v Ally McBeal.Single,Successful falling Apart

People of colour and those who believe in truth and justice should have as much faith in the US system as Catholics can have in the six county system.

1 Like

You can’t even get that right. African Americans and indigenous Native Americans do not associate with the term “people of color” and many are actually offended by it, as it 1) reminds them of the racist term “colored”, and 2) it lumps them in with other minorities such as Hispanics, east Asians, Indians, north Africans etc. etc. all of whom they regard as white and do not share their history in the US of racism and discrimination. More than half the population in California are people of color, and before long the same will be true for the entire country, an entirely welcome development as diversity is what makes the US the greatest country on the planet.

This has been explained to you numerous times, but like most white “woke” especially outside the US you simply refuse to understand it. Take a trip to the US and speak to some black people and they will set you straight.

Go away and take your soup.

I make my own soup pal.

America has a lot of serious inherint structural issues with race. A lot of it is only coming to the fore now

What the hell is this idiot doing - shit like this will turn the idiot dollar against him. Likes Andrew Yang too as he told Tucker in an interview. Throwing away a lot of potential earnings here.

Tucker Carlson must be devastated his fly on the wall “documentary” with the McMichaels won’t see the light of day now.

The left is having a meltdown! You love to see it!

1 Like

The same Robert E Lee who called slavery an abomination I wonder?
An empire invaded his country and he fought back winning a few battles against the odds. In any language or culture the man is worthy of a statue

Robert E. Lee was one of history’s greatest monsters and fought for slavery.

The furnace is the appropriate place for him.

The fact that it triggers a load of bigots is the icing on the cake.

:joy::joy::joy:

Seems like you’re talking about 2 different fellas lads. Did your lad play for Newcastle @Special_Olympiakos ?

1 Like

He played under KKK.

1 Like

The man who started the war claimed if he could win the war without freeing one slave he would!
Not surprising an idiot like glas hasn’t a clue of his history but you can and have done better in the wumming stakes.
Disappointed grade

No my lad was mentioned in a great song during the last waltz .

Odd that Lee should describe slavery as evil when he kept household slaves himself. Also this little gem:

In 1857, his father-in-law George Washington Parke Custis died, creating a serious crisis when Lee took on the burden of executing the will. Custis’s will encompassed vast landholdings and hundreds of slaves balanced against massive debts, and required Custis’s former slaves “to be emancipated by my executors in such manner as to my executors may seem most expedient and proper, the said emancipation to be accomplished in not exceeding five years from the time of my decease.”[45] The estate was in disarray, and the plantations had been poorly managed and were losing money.[46] Lee tried to hire an overseer to handle the plantation in his absence, writing to his cousin, “I wish to get an energetic honest farmer, who while he will be considerate & kind to the negroes, will be firm & make them do their duty.”[47] But Lee failed to find a man for the job, and had to take a two-year leave of absence from the army in order to run the plantation himself.

Lee’s more strict expectations and harsher punishments of the slaves on Arlington plantation nearly led to a slave revolt, since many of the slaves had been given to understand that they were to be made free as soon as Custis died, and protested angrily at the delay.[48] In May 1858, Lee wrote to his son Rooney, “I have had some trouble with some of the people. Reuben, Parks & Edward, in the beginning of the previous week, rebelled against my authority—refused to obey my orders, & said they were as free as I was, etc., etc.—I succeeded in capturing them & lodging them in jail. They resisted till overpowered & called upon the other people to rescue them.”[47] Less than two months after they were sent to the Alexandria jail, Lee decided to remove these three men and three female house slaves from Arlington, and sent them under lock and key to the slave-trader William Overton Winston in Richmond, who was instructed to keep them in jail until he could find “good & responsible” slaveholders to work them until the end of the five-year period.[47]

Also this.

Lee’s views on race and slavery

Several historians have noted what they consider the contradictory nature of Lee’s beliefs and actions concerning race and slavery. While Lee protested he had sympathetic feelings for blacks, they were subordinate to his own racial identity.[64] While Lee held slavery to be an evil institution, he also saw some benefit to blacks held in slavery.[65] While Lee helped assist individual slaves to freedom in Liberia, and provided for their emancipation in his own will,[66] he believed the enslaved should be eventually freed in a general way only at some unspecified future date as a part of God’s purpose.[64][67] Slavery for Lee was a moral and religious issue, and not one that would yield to political solutions.[68] Emancipation would sooner come from Christian impulse among slave masters before “storms and tempests of fiery controversy” such as was occurring in “Bleeding Kansas”.[64] Countering Southerners who argued for slavery as a positive good, Lee in his well-known analysis of slavery from an 1856 letter ( see below ) called it a moral and political evil. While both Robert and his wife Mary Lee were disgusted with slavery, they also defended it against abolitionist demands for immediate emancipation for all enslaved.[69]

You could imagine him a TFK poster.

Odd that you would think I was wumming.

So he was morally against slavery as I stated earlier.

The war wasn’t about slavery it was about northern industrialists desire to wipe out slave labour and flood the market with cheap labour.
When Lee’s country was invaded he led the resistance and won many battles. Fredericksburg and chancesville were the greatest tactical military victories since napoleon at Austerlitz.

The man was a hero and a legend who deserves a statue in every Virginia town

2 Likes

So it was about slavery