Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Any update on your magic number thingy.

I’ll do it tomorrow.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0511/1221044-vaccine-roll-out-250000-target/

The Indo have edited this article and added the following note at the end :sweat_smile:

CORRECTION: This article has been amended to remove incorrect information that the Cabinet was to decide today whether the 28-day gap between vaccine doses could be widened further

Christ do you need the 2 for the passport? Bastards

HSE correcting category errors in vaccine rollout

Figures show that less than 1% of people deemed to be in the high-risk Group 7 for Covid-19 have received a vaccine so far.

The Health Service Executive said that vaccination of this group, estimated to be 300,000 people aged 16-59 years, will be completed by the end of May or early June.

People in Group 7 are at high risk of developing severe disease if they catch Covid-19 due to underlying conditions.

Latest figures show that by Sunday, 2,780 people in this group had been given a dose of vaccine, representing less than 1% of the group total.

People in this group are being vaccinated by hospitals or GPs.

The HSE also said it appeared likely that some people in Group 7 may have been categorised incorrectly in the computer system as being in Group 4 when they got their first dose.

Group 4, which is for those at more risk than Group 7, is showing in excess of 110% vaccination.

The HSE said that these category errors are being corrected at the second dose and that a HSE Data Quality Team is working to correctly code people on an ongoing basis.

When people return for their second dose, staff are being reminded on the system to correctly categorise people.

The HSE also said that its priority is to administer vaccines to those in Group 4, and that it has moved on to Group 7.

The plan is to administer up to 60,000 vaccines to very high-risk and high-risk groups this week.

I knew it!!

Another tfk exclusive

A new week in the vaccine rollout.

33888 doses added in to the system after Monday. 28792 (85%) of these were first doses.

20k AZ went out. 16k to 60s and 4k to the 50s. Mass vaccination figures for the 50s should start being reported now.

I see also that 4k first doses of the total Pfizer first doses of 7k went to the 50s - interested to know whether that was apart of Cohort 7 or the age range or both.

Useful link @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

1 Like

It’s almost like he’s aped the Belgian dashboard. :slight_smile:

Uncle and his wife - both 55 - registered on the portal and have their appointments this Friday and Saturday respectively.

We’re flying it.

By the end of July there’ll be no justification for most restrictions.

1 Like

You’d imagine by the end of June covid will nearly be a busted flush.

I’ve been telling ye as much for months.

AZ delivery into Belgium yesterday @Copper_pipe? Should be into Ireland by now too.

I wonder how they’ll pace the AZ over the next fortnight. Around 35k by Monday night, less Tuesdays use plus this 32k. Another delivery next week but they can still only afford to do a few thousand a day.

The days vary so I’d say tomorrow or Friday.

1 Like

A 50-59 section has been added showing 11k of 50-59 (more with other cohorts as mentioned before). Suggests they’re moving straight away into using Pfizer for over 50s along with AZ. Good to see that they can do both and get a good pace going on that cohort.

When on earth is the decision on the revamped rollout and use of J&J going to be completed? It appears to me to have gone from NIAC to the HSE and back to NIAC. The decision making is too slow. The only positive for me is if they can hit 270k (expect it will be more) this week without even using much of the J&J.

I am hoping they go with J&J for the 45-49 age group I will be done in about 4 weeks time if that’s the case

2 Likes

The only plus point on this is that the J&J is a one dose shot with limited supply. Whenever they do get the go ahead with what to do with it they can use all they have in a couple of days.

I’d say they will have to use it on the 40s.