Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Well at least we’ll be allowed out for an outdoor pint in the rain in August. Before the winter lockdown.

1 Like

There’s been restrictions on A/L for over a year now. Lots of people have been working under conditions that have been extreme and distressing for long periods of time. Health workers have described being at breaking point for many months.

What do you think should happen?

1 Like

If they’re have been restrictions on A/L for a year, then I would maintain them. I assume, like in most places, A/L wont be given if it will leave the service short? I’m a civil servant (technically) and we would have restrictions like that

I think A/L should be allowed as normal once crisis conditions are over, don’t you?

4th election in a year
its a completely fractured political landscape so it comes down to who can form a coalition
if likuds vote hold up, they get a bizarre bounce from the arabs and if he agrees to bow to whatever bizarre demands the religious parties and the right wing nationalistic guys want and forms a coalition. yeah he will probably get enough but it’ll fall again

She did. It was important people got a break. They have 900 people still absent as well.

It should. I assume “as normal” would mean so as to ensure adequate cover is maintained?

That’s what I would assume.

The point referenced was that “ramping up” would be limited by annual leave. That makes sense to me.

Nurses have a request in for two weeks additional leave already. I don’t think anyone would deny that they deserve it.

They absolutely deserve it and probably more. Lots of people do. But it needs to be balanced against the needs of a health service with an enormous backlog.

I’m sure the HSE management will work it out

Episode 1056 of Eamon Dunphy’s podcast is a decent listen. Naomi O’Leary who is the European Correspondent for the Irish Times is on it.

LOLs

1 Like

61188 doses for last week.

This is going to be the breakout week

Astra May Hold 29 Million Vaccine Doses in Italy, La Stampa Says

" A stock of 29 million doses of the AstraZeneca Plc vaccine is ready for export to the U.K. at an Italian plant, according to a report by Italian daily La Stampa."

Boris totally outfoxing the hapless Ursula again.

Thats what current negotiations with Boris are about. Reading between the lines AZ seem to have deliberately not gotten EU approval for their manufacturing plant in Netherlands (its bottled in italy) so that they could continue exporting vaccines to the UK.
They’ve been forced into it now and approval should come this week.
You may remember a few weeks back an export from Italy was blocked and its all down to this.
The EU are saying they want all of them. Boris is saying if you do that we’ll block exports of ingredients needed for Pfizer vaccine.
So they are negotiating a compromise. Hopefully they get on with it sharpish and that lump can be distributed soon. Even if a chunk end up in the UK it’ll get them closer to being finished and not needing anymore. Even half would be 150k vaccines for us that aren’t on the current expected timetable AFAIK

What did we do Sunday?

On the 7th day we rested. Most of the other days as well tbf

1 Like

April is key lads. Starting this week & until the end of April we should have supply to do about a million jabs. We simply have to deliver on it. No if or buts.

3 Likes

Britain have a problem if they can’t get second doses of the AZ soon.

1 Like

Stephen Donnelly has cast new doubt on Government vaccine commitments saying his deadlines are “always conditional.”

The Minister for Health was speaking to reporters on the way into this morning’s Cabinet meeting when he gave the latest disappointing update.

The Government has bravely committed to 80% of the country’s adults having jabs in their arms by the end of June.

But Mr Donnelly said that unfortunately this is completely reliant on vaccine deliveries in the coming months.

He predicts we will have one million doses delivered this month, and more than that again next month.

1m nothing less is acceptable