Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Haven’t been vaccinated yet either.

1 million by June

Wishy washy fucking shite on vaccines on Prime Time from Norma. Fuck me.

1 Like

This Stefan fella is holding the whole thing up.

Steffan from Brussels on now.

I can’t believe they’re pushing this shite of no starting until supply is secure. Surely any sort of shot is better than no shot.

I’m going to bed. I can’t take this anymore.

2 Likes

HERE WE GO

It’s all gonna be okay lads.

Is that 300m for the EU? We’d be entitled to 1% of that?

Looking in the comments it looks like a lot of countries haven’t even been receiving their full allocations from the original order.

The issue is they can’t deliver the 100m ordered, so they order more :thinking:

Yeah it’s relative to the population so we’d get about 1%.

Flogging the vaccines off knowing it will be useless against the new strains is immoral. Dirty bastards.

We could be chasing our tails with this thing forever.

You’re right, we should give up

social distancing and restrictions are here to stay for a good few years

They are making fools of people

Get busy living or get busy dying.

When a guard is dizzy a guard is busy.

3 Likes

The head of the HSE really makes that much?

Similar positions in the National Health Service in Britain are paid at a lower rate

The salary for the new Chief Executive of the restructured Health Service Executive (HSE), Paul Reid, is €350,000 per annum — twice as much as that of his boss Simon Harris, the Minister for Health.

Terms and conditions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) relating to remuneration, allowances and superannuation, are determined by the HSE Board with the approval of the Minister, given with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.

The CEO is accountable to the Board for the effective and efficient management of the Executive. The Board, as governing body of the HSE, is accountable to the Health Minister.

At the first meeting of the Board, Reid listed his top priorities in the role. He highlighted the delivery of quality and safe services; transitioning to a new model of integrated care and strengthening confidence and trust in the organisation.

Meanwhile, Minister Simon Harris’s pay is €172,677 per annum including his salaried allowance and basic pay since the pay restoration in April of the cuts previously made under the Financial Emergency Measures in Public Interests (FEMPI) legislation.

Similar positions in the National Health Service (NHS) in Britain, although highly paid, are at a lower rate than the Irish post.

On joining NHS England in April 2014, Chief Executive, Simon Stevens voluntarily reduced his pay by 10 per cent from the substantive rate of pay for the post, which would normally be within the range £210,000–£215,000 (€230,000-€235,000) to £190-195 (€208,000-
€213,000), according to the NHS England annual report for 2017/18. Stevens has continued with this voluntary reduction in pay throughout 2017/18.

After pension-related benefits are added, he receives £235-240,000 (€257,400–€263,000 a year).