Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

It’s going to get worse. The increase scheduled for this week was minimal and that was before the AZ decision. They’re likely to fall significantly short of the 180k this week.

As I said earlier Belgium did 114k last week on one day. That’s the Irish equivalent of 49k in a day. Ireland maxed out on around 30k one day the week before I think. All of Europe is now ramping it up once the supply issues were addressed. There is zero capability or organisation being shown.

1 Like

Remember the 2 week “circuit breaker” last October/November they wanted that would have saved us

2 Likes

Yes, a chimp cold virus with a gene spliced into it to make the Covid spike protein.

As you pointed out, the risk from blood clotting from the contraceptive pill is much higher than from these vaccines, as is the risk of blood clotting from Covid itself.

1 Like

If the yank vaccine goes to pot they’ll have two options.

Either admit the restrictions are ridiculous and open up or knuckle down for zero covid.

Once schools are done in the middle of June I’d bet they’ll push for zero covid. They’ll be banging on about the health service and the winter.

It makes no sense to be setting hotel quarantine either this late in the day unless zero covid was at the back of their minds.

Think I said it before but it’s like Adams and McGuinness being interviewed in around 1992 after SF talks with Reynolds and Major, and saying they would go back and brief the I…the I…the IRA.

Edit: Ah fuck, I see @Tim_Riggins made the quip already. Oh well.

1 Like

Leo pushed back and no one stood with him.

We are completely risk averse so that could happen but regardless of whether more vaccines cause issues, our vulnerable will be vaccinated in the next while or have already been vaccinated. Lads in their 30s or 40s getting vaccinated is a bonus but not a disaster if it doesn’t happen

Oh you are correct here but that’s not the way nphet will present it to the government. They’ll go down the route of saying the under 40s mixing is more likely to lead to a new variant and give them another reason to push for zero covid.

NPHET don’t want Zero Covid

We are in no mans land.

Its so dispiriting.

What do NPHET want?

Limp along at 100 cases a day and nobody having a life for years?

1 Like

That appears to be the case yes

1 Like

I’d give McConkey and co a shot at Zero Covid for 3-6 months over that.

A good kick up in the hole.

a quiet room, a comfortable chair, a glass of whiskey and a loaded revolver

1 Like

Yes. My next forced analogy, if it even is one, is a kinda work negotiation between a lender and a borrower or whatever. There are serious sticking points before any deal can be done. People have red lines. They won’t budge. There are over and backs and progress is painstakingly slow. It’s incredibly tedious and then things reach an impasse before one side breaks and just relaxes all their demands, all the things that were deal breakers up to now. And everyone drives on and gets it done.

What I’m saying is, we just need to drive on now and forget about vaccines, infection rates, vulnerable cohorts and so on. It’s all a load of bollox.

Open it up ta fuck.

7 Likes

:slight_smile:

AZ’s schedule is fluid, it usually starts off with them saying they’ll deliver X amount, a few days before they’ll say - well actually we won’t make that but we will deliver it next week - which they fail to do.

They already missed their Q1 target, missed their revised Q1 target, look set to miss their April target and will probably do likewise for May and June too.

The real test is when the State money starts to run out. Then the hands of government will be forced. Worldwide. Lockdowns cannot continue indefinitely.

1 Like

its all fake money farmer, just like the premier league

2 Likes