Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Valerie and Nora in the HSE will be telling their superiors that Ben Dover and Amanda Huginkiss have still not confirmed their appointments.

You register on the day of your age group (or in the days after) and you get a pretty instantaneous confirmation of the date of your appointment, location, time and what vaccine you are getting.

I posted a few weeks back about how I got my slot for April 27th. Rather than going via the main portal there was a dial in option to use with your mobile. Just dial 989 and key in your ID number and postcode when the automated lady asks you. I got my slot confirmed in three minutes.

1 Like

Self certifying your age. What could possibly go wrong

Sounds way too efficient for the HSE.

If you are not in this age group

If you are not in this group, do not register now. Your ID will be checked at the vaccination centre. You will not be vaccinated if your registration details do not match your ID.

Be interesting to see how it works in practice

You wouldn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

So basically they won’t be bother to check until you rock up at the vaccination centre on the day?

I’ve even been given the option of arranging vaccines for my staff in the office location from end May/early June. If a company is of a certain size they can apply to be a vaccination point and receive a stock of vaccines to distribute. Shoulders to the wheel like.

1 Like

Everybody here has a national ID number, the PESEL. It includes your date of birth, some data about gender and a few random numbers. You can’t register without this number. So once you roll up with your ID card to verify, the job is oxo.

Fulvio 09/10/19 - I can’t believe the government want everyone to sign up to a public services card so they can have a big database on everyone. George Orwell how are ya?

Fulvio 15/04/21 - What a joke that they have no central database of people where they could verify age etc for the vaccine roll out.

13 Likes

It near bankrupted the Free State due to everybody claiming the pension.

No obligation in Ireland to carry or have an ID.

Would they not already have that info via your PPS no?

1 Like

Yet

Fair point.

What’s the status on this now?

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy knew

Handy to be able to change the target. Makes hitting it a lot easier in fairness

The HSE. Still setting the targets low and consistently failing to meet them.

1 Like