Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

J&J to be approved for the over 50s I’d say and give it to those between 50 and 60.

1 Like

Still time for Sputnik to save us yet.

Surely it has to be.

Got a text there earlier telling me that my vaccine slot is being moved forward from next Tuesday to Saturday.

1 Like

Can I ask (not being smart) you’d be well outside the cohort being vaccinated here? Poland aren’t doing much better than us numbers wise, are they struggling for take up?

I reckon there’s a huge amount of no shows. And it’s in the older crowd who we locked down to protect. They’ve given out roughly the same number as ireland proportionately but seem to be on a ten year younger cohort now.

3 Likes

Have they had a serious stall in the program? Is having just over 50% vaccinated enough to stop the spread ?

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0422/1211527-irish-government-vaccine-targets-june/

This is an excellent article- detailed and balanced.

Bottom line, they’re slightly behind largely due to issues with AZ etc but they can still hit targets - but need to demonstrate a big ramp in the next 2 weeks or so as deliveries surge. Also J&J decision is crucial.

2 Likes

I’d say NIAC will be keeping a close eye on the outcome of the FDA meeting today on the use of the J&J vaccine.

The NY Times reckons they’ll lift the suspension with no age restrictions and just add a warning to the label “to inform health practitioners — and the public — about the exceedingly uncommon, but dangerous possible side effect”

Apparently nearly 30% of the Israeli population is 14 or under according to this.

So 58/72 = about 80% of people over the age of 14 have been vaccinated.

1 Like

Latest info from the Israel dashboard.

The light green is 2nd dose and the teal colour is 1st dose.

Just over 20% of the 10-19s vaccinated. That should cover the 18s and 19s or close to it. I’m not sure are they vaccinating those below 18 in Israel?

1 Like

Flashbacks to when I accidentally set my location on my Bet Victor account to Israel instead of Ireland, turning all my account settings into Hebrew and having to use google translate to find the option to undo it.

1 Like

The major difference between the Irish and UK rollout seems to be that the UK has a 7 day rollout. The lowest the vaccine rate drops to on any one given day is 39% and it happens on only two of the 7 days.

In contrast Ireland drops 3 days below that at 15%, and two days of 35% of the max daily output.

UK figures for the past week and take each day as a % of the highest day in the week.

Mon - 260k (39%)
Tue - 390k (58%)
Wed - 460k (69%)
Thurs - 550k (82%)
Fri - 600k (90%)
Sat 670k (100%)
Sun - 300k (45%)

Ireland
Mon - 12k - (35%)
Tue - 19k (54%)
Wed - 26k (76%)
Thurs - 34k (100%)
Fri - 33k (97%)
Sat 12k (35%)
Sun - 5k (15%)

Interesting the UK’s best day is generally the Saturday which is understandable as most people will not be working and will be free to get their vaccine. The HSE can’t really be working Saturdays though…

1 Like

A lot of John bulls vaccinatiors are volunteers so the Saturday makes sense

They’ve nailed their vaccine rollout.

Really underlines how shambolic the rollout has been down the South.

So they’re saying pretty much exactly what I’ve been saying for the last two months or so?

The reason for the Saturday bump in uk, is that they typically close their gp practices on a Saturday and turn them into mass vaccination centres.

Absolutely no reason we couldn’t replicate that here.

So you are telling me the next two week are crucial?

1 Like