Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Good on AZ for over 50s. We can crack on with J&J over 60 too.

Game on Ger.

1 Like

How many J&J doses do we have to hand at the moment and when is the next delivery?

Will they roll out j&j to over 50s in parallel or just keep working through the cohorts

14400 in fridges and I reckon just under 27k due in this week.

Game changer, can stay going through the over 60s now and give some of them the J&J speeding that process up, roll into the 50s then.

I imagine they will end up getting their second dose sooner as well which will be a positive.

Fergal Bowers this morning saying that the NIAC recommendation on J&J could speed up the vaccine programme.

Around 165k of AZ and 26k ish of J&J due in this week I reckon. That’s the a good chunk of the over 50s vaccinated (at least once for AZ) before the June target.

Should be over 400k doses altogether due in this week.

Lash it out.

1 Like

Could the cut the interval for AZ down to 8 weeks for those recently vaccinated?

It’s all good news but it means little because they seem incapable of ramping up and vaccinating the over 50s is going to have little impact on case numbers which will continue to hover around 400-500 until we start vaccinating the under 30s.

Any chance that Dr Tony will usurp this?

Case numbers won’t matter when people eventually see that hospitals are empty, it will take a while for the shift to come but people will recognise it eventually. The current round of meetings with ministers to prepare to unwind covid supports will focus minds in government too.

2 Likes

With AZ included, I think it’s grand now. Key point is that 50 somethings and 60 somethings will need access to one or the other by June.

Are the clot concerns from AZ and J&J not the same? Why is one 50 plus and one 60 plus?

They’re both for over 50s now.

1 Like

Does anyone know why some attempt at least hasn’t been made to vaccinate the young? Maybe alongside the older? That should drive down community transmission which obviously benefits everyone?

Makes sense below 50 imo.