Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

• Athletes representing Australia at the Tokyo Olympics and their support staff will be prioritised for vaccination ahead of the July Games.
1 Like

The Bruce Duffy Liveline show will be raging at one rule for the elites

2 Likes

These were both supposed to open Monday, one in Greystones one in Arklow. One in Arklow definitely not open, not sure about Greystones, I can’t find any info on it, so you’d imagine not open either. The locals are absolutely seething with Egghead and Harris, mainly Egghead.

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2021/0427/1212479-vaccine-rollout-niac-advice-johnson-and-johnson/

People who have had covid 6 months previously will only get one dose of vaccine now.

No mention of how this will interact with the digital green certificate. You’ll have people now only offered one vaccine that won’t qualify for the digital green certificate because they haven’t had a second dose.

Digital green cert seems to be dead in the water based on the soundbites and mini leaks we are used to over the last few days. Hopefully this is true and they can just concentrate on getting people who want the vaccine (substantially large proportion of people) vaccinated as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Based on what exactly?

They are being introduced at EU level, they will be operating by June or July.

Was talking to a couple of people who got vaccinated and had a bad reaction. One of them had had C-19 about four weeks ago and probably should not have had the shot so early. The other person apparently was asymptomatic for C-19, didn’t know he had it and was knocked out for three days.

I couldn’t give a fuck about your vaccine target Eggy. I just want warm cans from the greyhound track before a munster championship game

5 Likes

That’s confirmation the target won’t be met.

Change in language the last few days. Going on form this is the start if a process that we will get an announcement by end of May saying there will be no green certs or vaccine passports.

The digital green certificate is not a passport, it will be operational by July.

Why not if people are vacinnated?

August and “could” according to this.

Sure people will go to Belfast to get flights to Spain anyway.

I don’t see it happening and don’t want it to happen. People should still get vaccinated but we shouldn’t have a 2 tier society because of it

Yeah, Ireland is grudgingly accepting it. “We” want a transition period and don’t want to be fully using the system until the end of the transition period. Delay as long as possible seems to be our outlook on it

It will be in widespread use across Europe by June or July.