Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

What if you turn 57 tomorrow? :smiley:

10 Likes

Would have ruled out any confusion if they opened it by their year of birth but typical public sector incompetence.

What if you were born in a leap year?

5 Likes

50k of them for over 50s?

I don’t get the targeting of vulnerable groups piece. They don’t seem to fall any cohort and I saw the Roma and Travelling advocacy groups looking for priority yesterday? If they do end up getting them, they’ll hold onto a few for straggler 60+ people.

They are people the HSE believe it would be difficult to get to turn up twice basically. Grab them when they can job.

Your year of birth never changes. If you were born in a leap year then I don’t think anyone born after 1821 can register yet - this is the type of incompetence @glasagusban is cheerleading.

MIL got a text today for appointment tomorrow. She was down for the Arklow vaccination centre which still hasn’t opened from what I can make out. She was called for Greystones. Makes no odds to them anyway. Hopefully the FIL will get called shortly as well and then they can talk about something else for a few weeks

4 Likes

I know that. I just don’t see them written down there as a priority group and saw their advocacy groups were asking for it yesterday.

Maybe they’ll be added today. Seems to be a push for it anyway, just surprised they weren’t already.

The year of birth doesn’t work because if the vaccine is only approved for over 50s and you aren’t over 50 then you can’t register

2 Likes

Ooooooooft

1 Like

It’s a bit mad to prioritize people because you think they couldn’t be arsed coming in twice if you ask me. Homeless people who don’t have an address or phone to receive an appointment fair enough.

It was included in some recommendation from NIAC or NPHET or some under sub group that was sent to the HSE last month.

The year of birth works because it doesn’t use age. It uses year of birth?

Are you completely brain dead.

If you were born in 1962 you apply today etc

:rofl:

1 Like

Think about it there for a minute mate and then you’ll figure it out. If you still think it’s wrong just keep thinking because you aren’t there yet

Doesn’t particularly bother me as the goal is getting as many vaccinated as possible at this point, 60s nearly done and into the 50s now. It’s a real shame there isn’t more J&J and more access though, it would be great to lash it into meat plant workers too.

More of an issue in the US though generally. I have an appointment in a a pharmacy in the middle of a not so nice area as they are trying to reach people that way.

Nor me, would make more sense if teachers were prioritized though

I’ve thought about it.

Seems you haven’t.

It should be done by year of birth, not age.

Keep trying.

Maybe you will someday realise that you age is variable that changes every year but the year you were born in is a constant and therefore is a far more reliable criteria for these decisions.