Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Seems to be a 20% reduction for a few weeks before they upgrade their capacity.

1 step backwards to take 3 steps forward.
This is a good thing.

1 Like

I should clarify I’m going off this data:

Circa 20% reductions.

And I’m just using a few weeks as a vague timeline.

An extreme fear grabbing headline. Here’s what I reckon is happening.

Pfizer are shutting down other product lines to use the equipment to make the covid jab. Its not as easy as flicking a switch and connecting pipes. The paperwork involved is quite heavy as they will need to do an entire process validation in order to produce the new product in the machines. Assuming the machines are interconnected they will need to qualify the whole system with the machines currently producing the vaccine with the new ones being added.

Assuming Pfizer have thrown all their engineers QA doc control and validation people at it this will be done over the weekend (depending in complexity). All the validation paperwork needs to be fully approved and ready for regulatory audit.

This is what is needed to do to increase capacity in producing more covid vaccines. They probably will get multiples of what they are losing by shutting down out in a day.

Pfizer are opening a new factory to produce it. They probably need people from the current factory to train people/set up the new one would be my guess.

What’s the kerfuffle about private hospitals getting vaccines. Media going after this story - first challenge to narrative I’ve heard during pandemic.

Didnt know they were building a new factory. Thats another element to it so they need to get those people up to speed

They should get airline staff and teachers to upskill in vaccine production.

1 Like

I assume it was some part of the deal ?

8 Likes

Great stuff

We still could be doing better.

Well done the HSE

Come on Ireland !!!

Did the Danes take the week off?

The H,
The H,
The HSE!

They were going so fast they’ve ran out of stock.

Unreal. Hilarious how much of an impact a small bit of pressure has on them

3 Likes

The fact that the HSE haven’t managed to set fire to the vaccines will ruin some lads weekend

2 Likes

Ah I see it’s only a rolling day 7 average.