Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

I think the penny is dropping in Government circles. 200k is not good enough. With 70% at least with one dose by the end of June, the target has to be to offer anyone over 18 a vaccine by the end of July. It isn’t acceptable- there is only going to be 85% take up, 20% has been achieved in a month and it is not the time to let up. Supply lines is a load of nonsense. 110k first doses are possible without any J&J or AZ which is about what 14% in July, just get it done.

4 Likes

As was mentioned previously.

Annual leave, no forward planning or contingencies on this is the real issue.

1 Like

Agree. At this stage they’d be better opening it up across age groups and getting some coverage into the younger chorts who are more likely to spread it.

3 Likes

Agree, problem there is expectation. The issue is getting them in arms- there are more than enough vaccines to allow for people to get 1 dose before the end of July. Excuses don’t wash.

4 Likes

Apple are getting vaccines for their employees. They want their employees vaccinated so that they can return to site in September. A friend of a housemate works (in the Cork site) and they got the first dose of Pfizer on Tuesday at a local clinic.

When working from home, the Mac checks it’s location when you boot up and if it doesn’t match where you have said you live it won’t boot. If you share accommodation then you’ve to do a video of your room to show your setup, you have to specify if people in other rooms can hear you talking and you must give the names/occupations of the people you’re living with. Easier keep an eye on the employees on site I guess…

4 Likes

Apple sound like Nazis.

@Biff_Egan and @TheUlteriorMotive love the MNCs.

3 Likes

They made us a country worth emigrating to from Norn Iron.

4 Likes

Attracting the best debaters around over alternative locations.

There are serious data protection issues with home working, especially in the house sharing younger cohort.

Take your big 4 graduates you could have 3 or 4 different people all working with different companies and different clients all sharing the same work space in a house.

While they listen to everyone else through their phones. Cunts

Some ye lads need to get real jobs like travelling the country selling chocolate

5 Likes

Have you the Bluetooth? Great yolk.

I do

Hands free or the roaster earpiece?

Hands free job. Vital in my line of work as more than half my working day is spent in the car

1 Like

Remote Chinese Walls!

1 Like

Nothing to the laughable Chinese walls in some accounting or law firms anyway.

1 Like

These would be better because it would be lads from different companies!

I’d be telling them to fuck right off if my employer asked me to do that.

2 Likes