Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Ditto

1 Like

I’m going on worst case. Bigger pharmacy could do it depending on social distancing and space

1 Like

Buy all the vaccines

Is there anything to be said for throwing money at the problem?

I’ve my second appointment on Monday 28 days after my first jab. I’d say I was 25 mins tops in the City Hall the last time with the 15 min sit down at a lunchtime appointment.

At least we are getting the good ones. Some fellas here wanted sputnik

2 Likes

We have the leads

When Martin gets word from someone in Estonia

4 Likes

Right so supply isn’t a issue @glasagusban and @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy what do ye think the targets should be now? Weekly and monthly.

Depends on how many rugby friendlies and race meets tie up the vaccination centres in the next few weeks

1 Like

Lash em out.

1 Like

This is why the Government shouldn’t have been bounced into an announcement based on advice received less than 24 hours earlier. If they had held off for a further 24 hours to consider the advice they could have announced all these great initiatives at the same time as the delay and there wouldn’t have been half the shit storm

2 Likes

You’ll make a great special advisor to Taoiseach @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

4 Likes

Absolutely. Delay reopening, announce what NPHET recommended and say they’re considering it. They were like a rabbit caught in headlights.

Monty is afraid of a heave, granted nobody cares if he can source safe vaccines.

In fairness, the industry were screaming for it.

The Romanian doses are nearing the end of their shelf life. So they need to use them straight away once they arrive into the country. Send them out to the Vaccination centres and get them used up before they expire.

1 million vaccines is about the equivalent of 4 weeks of standard July Pfizer/Moderna deliveries. A savage amount so it is.

1 Like

Do we really need them?

Enough to vaccinate a further 200k with J&J
Enough to vaccinate a further 500k with the Romanian doses
A decent number still in the fridge (150k?!) that can be used
Further deliveries all month of 220k, this 110k that could be vaccinated a week

That is more vaccines than we have adults still to do, and we won’t get 100%.

Is he lining them up for the 12-17 year olds for August? How many of them is there- 450k?

It is genuinely a question of the HSE getting them out ASAP now. 24 hour vaccination centres might not be a bad idea.

I think this approach of buying vaccines is good. Lash out the good ones. Once we are done and dust ship off the excess to a third world country to make ourselves look great. Win win

2 Likes

400k pw should definitely be hit now. Disappointing if they aren’t.

1 Like