Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

I’d imagine they are waiting to give the other 1.8k of them in a second dose. Have we got nothing off moderna since?

That’s what I’d expect but there has not been a peep either way on it.

Did someone here not say that 10k doses of Moderna were due in weekly after the first arrival. That means another 40k doses should now be on hand. Maybe they are stockpiling it for the over 70s?

I’ll have to ring ROD and find out what the story is.

1 Like

We were supposed to be getting 10k a week alright, doesn’t seem to be the case though.
I’ve an awful feeling that we are going to end up getting a ball of vaccine in together and we’ll make a bollox of it

Cark is ready for mass vaccination.

1 Like

The panicked reaction from the EU to the AZ stuff last month and VDL’s latest half apology shows where we’re at. The EU were right to be pissed with AZ but whoever agreed to that contract I hope is gone.

I’d be surprised if the EU aren’t on the phone daily now begging J&J to get their EMA application in. We are second in the queue there again though.

1 Like

Why aren’t moderna getting a lashing from Ursula?

Funny when you search the EU and Moderna you get a lot of angry Canadians giving out about their slow rollout. It seems they are being squeezed as well because the US won’t allow any US produced vaccine out and they are relying on European produced doses.

@Copper_pipe
Can you include the actual number of doses given that day?
240,487 - 236,996 = 3,482 on Sunday.

1 Like

The E.U have made a complete balls of this yet again.

You can forget about the summer lads. It’ll be 2022 before we are back to normal.

Is scandalous. They’ve made a dogs dinner of it. They treated it like some kind of trade deal where there had to be meticulous rules in place, yet when push came to shove on a contracts issue AZ just laughed at them.

UVDL is up before the commission this morning to take a grilling from member states.

All those fellas questioning her are just suits close to retirement on a money spinner. They aren’t going to go rocking the boat.

The whole thing stinks.

I suspect she is under more pressure than that, the last few weeks been crazy from an EU perspective. More rattled than during financial crisis.

2 Likes

She wasn’t much good as a minister in Germany and was packed off out of harms way to Brussels.

3 Likes

The AZ jab is something like €2 a go. Even if it did nothing the risk was incredibly low. Would have only cost about €18m to have bought jabs for the entire population of Ireland. How did they not consider the risk/reward in that? Instead they probably haggled them down from €2 to €1.80 and were delighted with themselves for getting a better deal than the Brits.

This is genuinely a bigger threat to the EU than the GFC. When you’ve got conformists like me questioning the point of the EU you’ve got a problem.

3 Likes

Paddy will simply not allow himself to see the EU for what it is, just because they threw him a few pound to build a motorway. That snivelling cork cunt Michael Martin was fucking pathetic on Andrew Marr the morning after the EU triggered article sixteen, he could not bring himself to criticize them after they inflicted a hard border in Ireland and he had shit himself after spending all weekend on the phone trying to get it revoked.

4 Likes

The problem with the AZ contract was that they didn’t demand clauses relating to the U.K. contract, including “vaccine nationalism” where appropriate. They acted in good faith but were mugged off.

Pfizer is the one they needed to back far earlier imo.

But the French wanted to have their pretend vaccine included.

2 Likes

Yeah the yanks seem to have Moderna especially nailed down for themselves. We need Sputnik V on board.