Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Only 333 days to get through the 500,000 over 70s at that rate. Christmas 2022 is back on.

1 Like

In fairness the states were haggling on price and how much the commission were allowed to have in their back pocket when they were sent down to the shops.

I’m estimating that 83% of the EU population is 16 or over.

447m x 83% = 371m
371m x 28% = 104m
104m x 1% = 1.04m doses

Ireland has what? 250k does administered?

So 750k doses in the next 7 weeks?

:eek:

That would be 5 times the current rate

There’s no way the HSE could balls this up.

2 Likes

243k as of Monday. Can’t be sure they’ve passed 250k by today though :no_mouth:

This dashboard for Belgium is pretty good.

According to this it says 784033 doses have been delivered to Belgium to date.

A decent Moderna delivery on the 7th after being quiet for a while.

The population of Belgium is 2.33 times the population of Ireland. So going by that Ireland should have about 336k doses delivered…

1 Like

Once the GP’s get up and running there’ll be no stopping us

I don’t think it should be a huge issue as long as they get rocking with AZ on other groupings in the meanwhile.

Going by that it’s safe to say that there’s not a whole pile sitting in the fridge - which is a good thing in so far as it currently is a supply constraint.

As Spidey said - its 5x the current rate if they are all pretty much administered as and when they come. That is the (and I hate using this word) gamechanger so only the HSE can fuck it up from here, which they will probably do.

And its Q2 wheere we really expect to see things ramp up so if we are saying a 7 week period yields 750k vaccines in the latter part of Q1 that we could be expecting definitely 2-3m in Q2 alone?

So are they really not adjusting the plans now the WHO have come out and said AZ is safe for over 70s?

I don’t see the point.

The Ox AZ needs a buffer of 8-12 weeks for a second dose anyway so as well just stick with Pfizer and Moderna for the over 70s and use Oxford AZ on the next priority groupings.

1 Like

No need to quarantine after Covid contact if fully vaccinated, says CDC

People in the US who have received a full course of Covid vaccine can skip the standard 14-day quarantine after exposure to someone with the infection as long as they remain asymptomatic, public health officials have advised.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said the vaccines had been shown to prevent symptomatic Covid-19, thought to play a greater role in the transmission of the virus than asymptomatic disease, Reuters reports.

Individual and societal benefits of avoiding unnecessary quarantine may outweigh the potential but unknown risk of transmission (among vaccinated individuals).

People who choose not to quarantine should do so only if they have received their last vaccine dose within three months, and fully vaccinated people who do not quarantine should still watch for symptoms for 14 days following an exposure, the CDC said.

1 Like

I don’t think he should have been allowed to overrule the Vaccines Committee but I think Tony got the AZ call right.

1 Like

George Lee has said the HSE described this as a “transition week” in the roll out and that’s why the figures are low.

FFS. Like when you had a “study week” in college.

2 Likes

No way that advice would fly with His Tonyness

They must have been fuming when AZ said they’d deliver early.

A lad rang me there in wonderment. He’s no back of a clock but he’s puzzled by:

Says the TV3 girl was out in the vaccination centre in DCU. 48 cubicles with an assigned operative for each. Nurse says it takes 2 minutes kind of to apply the jab depending on results to the questions. Paddy figures even allowing 5 minutes they should be individually knocking out 10 per hour. Nurse says they’re hopeful of achieving 500 vaccinations a day.
Paddy wouldn’t be too bad at the multiplication so he wonders what’s the story with this bolloxology.
Allowing for arrivals, quick squish of deep clean, how are you today stuff - 500 looks like a bunch of lazy fuckers punching in the day between mugs of tay.
Paddy is thinking of ringing Joe Duffy for a chat, meanwhile he’s seething like a boiling bastard.

5 Likes