Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

7k vaccinated on Sunday is pretty shit.

Could be a reporting lag as seen with cases or could be a lack of supply.

Target for this week is 110k.

1 Like

GDPR will but that great idea to bed i imagine. Not sure if the legislation will but people who haven’t a clue of GDPR but just want to complain. Online.

is it not 3,649? which is even more shit

Indeed it is. I always struggled with hard sums.

1 Like

The target was 80k for the week. Which was the supply they had. We won’t beat them up for meeting targets.

2 Likes

Fair enough

Or… if your target is 80k no point going too far over it, put a few in the back pocket for this week. Like saving a bit of work you finish on Friday to send on for Monday morning while you are lying on the couch

3 Likes

As long as that is the constraint we should have no complaints. Hup egghead

We really should have got that shit in order pre GDPR.

The NHS has its flaws but they have a load of centralised data and records that has allowed this rollout to go quickly. The reverence for the NHS means people are not widely questioning who is getting vaccines.

1 Like

I’m not in anyway comfortable with the whole big brother element that’s creeping into it, I’d be happy enough if GPDR put the breaks on it.
Hospital systems are hilariously outdated, and unconnected though

A health profile for everyone would be great linked to PPS or something with disclaimers etc for anyone accessing your records with your permission. Imagine going to any doctor I the country and they can pull up your record without asking a pile of questions, would help any doctor. Straight away they can see any allergies, medication your on etc. Especially if your in a state that your unconscious so a doctor can make a better decision for your care. It will save lives

I used to work a summer job years ago and the boys on the line would stop working and start “cleaning up” at half 3 so they’d never meet their target

Heard Leo say on radio this morning that once over 65’s and vulnerable are vacinnated that 98% of the cohort affected by covid are safe. So keeping the country shut down for 2%.

1 Like

Ah they’ll have to open up once hospitals are fine and the UK are open

1 Like

Must say I’m beginning to feel more optimistic about things.

Once the deaths, hospitalisations and serious illness decline they’ll have to relax things, irrespective of what the daily case figures are.

2 Likes

But, but, but, the new variant…

My uncle beyond in Kent had never even heard of the Kent strain.

1 Like

What do we think to the end of March?

Around 1.2m doses delivered there. With no change in policy on delaying jabs, 900k have their first dose? The closer we are to 20% of the population with jab, the more impact we’ll see.

Trouble is that it takes 3 or 4 weeks to kick in, once we’ve 10% done with 4 weeks we’ll see a massive drop I expect. End of March would be a good timetable for that

It’s probably hiding in plain sight over there