Vaccine Numbers Log Thread

Yeah, basically a vaccine against all types of coronavirus. Apparently research into the Pan Coronavirus vaccine has been going on for years but could never muster up the financial backing or funding and was stalling. Some believed it couldn’t be done and was pie in the sky stuff too.

Covid19 comes along, fucks everyone and everything up and there is money being fired at a specific vaccine for that particular coronavirus. Luke the Puke reckons the new technology used in these vaccs (mRNA?) changes everything and it’s no longer viewed as impossible and will get the financial backing and focus etc once this specific vaccine rollout gets done. Their attention will turn to getting one that defeats all coronaviruses, including the common cold.

Same with Influenza. Far more financial backing and interest in a Pan Influenza vaccine and he says there were major breakthroughs pre-covid and that with the Covid experience in the bag they could crack that one too.

1 Like

Once off jab too?

I would hope so. It took them 6 months to hire some contract tracers and I assume there’s more background checks, paperwork and training involved in administering a jab than picking up a phone and reading a script.

I can’t actually. That’s all I got

No idea the technicalities of administration of the jab. From what I gathered from the piece the new technology used and speed of development which the Covid vaccines used has changed everything.

In light of this I was thinking, is it possible that Pfizer Biontech probably always intended for their vaccine to be a single jab operation too. But said fuck it, we can’t or won’t hang around waiting for the data to be able to prove that, hence deciding to go with the 2 jab approach to get it the OK as they were able to back that up with data, while banking on Israel, their large scale trial, to show the data that 1 shot was enough, which it now is doing, and Pfizer are out the gap up and running while J&J are still awaiting the approval for the single shot.

What if this transpires and Pfizer come out with proof that 1 shot is sufficient and storage can be done at more moderate temperatures… they would probably need to apply to have the method of administration of the vaccine changed with EMA etc, but that would be a serious game changer, if there was no need for a 2nd shot

Cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

1 Like

I hope the pubs/entertainment/sports bodies put on serious pressure to get shot of social distancing and that by June.

And fucking masks, I’m going to have a big party burning masks at the end of the summer.

@iron_mike can give your a few tips about burning rubbish.

1 Like

:ronnyroar:

2 Likes

Do it out in the open. Make it so obvious that people will take no notice. Throw on a few mattresses if it’s cold out.

3 Likes

Christ we are on fucking fire

I can TASTE the pints lads. The whole nation will go buck ape on lovely, lovely pints cc @tonyholohan

2 Likes

Leo Leo Leo Leo

I think leo has had enough of champ and has decided to go for an early k.o.

Leo making some mug of Martin he lets him stand up there making a show of himself then does a tour the following day leaking good news

That’s all well and good but you’re playing the short game there pal… We keep fucking with the plant and Eco systems more diseases will be unleashed. This was a warning shot only… There’s a proper big one waiting silently to pounce on us. It’s patiently watching us.

Listen mush, do you want to wear your denim shorts to Limerick games again or not ffs? The Pan-Coronavrus Vaccine Train is about to leave the Station, get onboard. Pints for everyone.

110k target for the week.

Monday is a transition day.

Eeeeeekkkkkkkkk