Watches

Shouldnā€™t even have to askā€¦

The Baume and Mercier ā€˜Hamptonā€™ gets rolled out for the yearly GAA dinner dance, the annual Macra awards, The Paddleboard Society breakfast events and the usual weddings, christenings and communion functions.

A lovely contrast with the fading freckles in the backdrop.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s some watch.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an absolutely stunning watch.

1 Like

How much would that cost?

Youd get it for a tenner at any decent car boot sale

Pocket change to you.

Haha Iā€™ll need a lucky 15 to come in.

The price is on the page you posted

I have about 15 Rolex watches around the house. A couple of years ago I brought one of them in for a battery. Your man told me that the battery was worth more than the watch. (That actually happened)

Those rolexes are worth an awful lot of money now. That ā€œantiques dealerā€ was a shyster.
Apologies omega.

1 Like

Not the Omega. The other watch. Iā€™ve only ever worn it for my wedding. We only went in for a valuation or something. Sure that was the equivalent of around 5000 euro so it was easily worth double that if not more. When Iā€™m back in Tipp next week, Iā€™ll dig it out and send a pic

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Rolex worn by iirc Paul Newman in a film, I donā€™t even think it was that watch, just the same model recently sold for a staggering sum.

Thereā€™s the Omega. Iā€™d say itā€™s only worth 1k maybe.

3 Likes

If that was a Seiko itā€™d be a roaster classic.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you married 51 years?

No. It was a watch from my grandfather.

My mother reckons it came from a business associate, or perhaps her stepmother. She says she has no emotional attachment to it, one way or the other.

The other watch is from the 1930s I think and was a present from my motherā€™s own mother (who died when my mother was two) to my grandfather. Will get a pic of that next week.

1 Like

The watch that you got from your father?