Watches

Can just about make out a snooker table in the top :rofl:

I wonder if these will catch on, or if they can be resetā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for an activity/fitness sort of watch with a good battery and that is pleasing on the eye that you can wear every day. Anyone care to recommend something that they know is good? Donā€™t want to pay silly money obviously but happy enough going to ā‚¬250-300 sort of range if itā€™s worth it. I was in an electrical shop the other day and all they had was Huawei smart watches (in the watches section I mean). I have an older cheaper Garmin and itā€™s very basic and battery life is terrible.

@caulifloweredneanderthal was telling me about one that is like the Garmin Fenix but a lot cheaper. Canā€™t remember the name of it though but Iā€™m sure he can

now that the missusā€™ significant birthday has come and gone and been a rousing success, ive been dropping heavy hints for my significant birthday in 2 years time.

hopefully on that morning, this will be sitting wrapped on the kitchen table with the card

1 Like

https://www.therunhub.ie/heart-rate-monitors/watch-hr-monitors/coros-pace-2/58134/

The Coros Pace 2.

Comes in a darker colour too @Smark. Decathlon were selling them too, but I think we are boycotting them at the moment.

Unrale battery by all accounts. Looking at getting one myself. Price will only go up on them

2 Likes

Forerunner 255 has just been released. Think it is at top end of your budget.

1 Like

Similar battery life to the Fenix. Main difference in functionality is the navigation and elevation in the Fenix. But the Fenix is 600 quid odd. Thatā€™s a savage watch for the price

Unrale. Might upgrade before the year is out, but will see.

I got this one smark.

You can find them for about ā‚¬150 Iā€™d say, but no more than ā‚¬200. You can change the watch face to something better than on that image. You can even change the watch face to a photo on your phone and have the clock on top. It syncs messages and other apps notifications that come onto your phone.

And it works well as a fitness tracker and syncs to strava and all that too. It can sync music from your phone and control it from the watch. Battery is very good. Easily get 5 days out of it. Charges to full in less than an hour I reckon. You can set a revolut card up on it too and use it for contactless payment.

Theres probably better out there or newer ones, but I found this one a good watch.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t pass apple :apple:
Savage bit of kit

I love the Apple Watch as well but the battery could be better.

2 Likes

Agreed I get the walk/ /gym and a few hours out of it
Delighted with it especially the heart :heart: monitor and emergency calling if one falls

Nice looking bit of kit

Shots fired at @Fagan_ODowd

3 Likes

2 charges a month, does everything that you could possibly need from a smartwatch. Iā€™ve had em all and there is not a better product than Huawei on the market. They must be doing something very right when the yanks decided to ban them

As it so happens I was reading the business post after work and in a pull out theyā€™d a page about the best smart watches. I liked the look of this one the most:

Thatā€™s what I wear

Very good battery, mostly a sports watch though, not touch screen, you canā€™t control your music or podders

Have you the 245 music or 245 ordinary? Ad I read made out you could download 700 songs from Spotify to the music version to be listened to in offline mode. Presume youā€™d need wireless buds to do so. Is this not the case?

You need to clean your curtains