Water Charges - Eat Shit Capitalist Pigs

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/angry-clashes-between-water-charge-protesters-and-gardai-in-coolock-649942.html

Enda Kenny met Denis O’Brien in Santry today, to discuss, oh, who knows what. Maybe they went for a pint in Hartigans afterwards.

I happened to be in santry myself yesterday, raging I didn’t bang into Dennis and thank him for that draw in Germany.

Probably went to the sheaf of wheat at the back of coolock garda station. :

Apprarently shit hit the fan on The Late Debate tonight. Senator John Whelan claimed that Bord Gais misled the Government during the tender process for IW. Massive raminfications if true. Could be like that episode of Nighthawks when the phone tapping came out and toppled Haughey. Also, Whelan could be hugely liable for defamation, RTE were having a fanny fit trying to distance themselves from what he said.

Some shyster that Whelan bloke - spends his time on local radio giving out about the Government he’s a part of. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him.

Is the roof back on it yet?

Last time I was up there (heading into Parnells), it looked like the mayor’s house in Nagasaki circa. 1945.

Ebeeneezer used to get his personal in there

This whole thing would just leave your despairing at the stupidity of everybody involved.

i) Using a metered system is the correct way to go if the goal is to change people’s habits as to how water is used, which it should be.
ii) There is nothing wrong with the idea of a dedicated utility to oversee the upgrade of the water system. In fact it’s an eminently sensible idea.
iii) I’ve no love for the Gardai but most of the videos of these protests and the claims of supposed Garda behaviour at them are utterly laughable.
iv) This bollocks that “we already pay for water”. We don’t pay enough. Otherwise the system wouldn’t be in such a mess.
v) The utter incompetence of the government at how they have implemented this is staggering - it now just looks like a vehicle for cronyism, and it’s hard to think that it’s not.
vi) The outcome of all this now looks like it’ll be that metered charges will never come in, Denis O’Brien will get a fat wedge for installing meters that will never be used, John Tierney and the other Irish Water staff and consultants will get their fat wedges for doing nothing, and the water system will continue to suffer under investment and continue to leak 48% of its contents.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1041175, member: 183”]This whole thing would just leave your despairing at the stupidity of everybody involved.

i) Using a metered system is the correct way to go if the goal is to change people’s habits as to how water is used, which it should be.
ii) There is nothing wrong with the idea of a dedicated utility to oversee the upgrade of the water system. In fact it’s an eminently sensible idea.
iii) I’ve no love for the Gardai but most of the videos of these protests and the claims of supposed Garda behaviour at them are utterly laughable.
iv) This bollocks that “we already pay for water”. We don’t pay enough. Otherwise the system wouldn’t be in such a mess.
v) The utter incompetence of the government at how they have implemented this is staggering - it now just looks like a vehicle for cronyism, and it’s hard to think that it’s not.
vi) The outcome of all this now looks like it’ll be that metered charges will never come in, Denis O’Brien will get a fat wedge for installing meters that will never be used, John Tierney and the other Irish Water staff and consultants will get their fat wedges for doing nothing, and the water system will continue to suffer under investment and continue to leak 48% of its contents.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can uninstall all the meters and store them with the electronic voting machines?

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1041175, member: 183”]This whole thing would just leave your despairing at the stupidity of everybody involved.

vi) The outcome of all this now looks like it’ll be that metered charges will never come in, Denis O’Brien will get a fat wedge for installing meters that will never be used, John Tierney and the other Irish Water staff and consultants will get their fat wedges for doing nothing, and the water system will continue to suffer under investment and continue to leak 48% of its contents.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the analysis mate

+1. Nicely summed up.

We won!

:eek:

I saw one of the most truly ridiculous situations on the news yesterday.

Alan Kelly, Minister for the Environment, was asked about Irish Water’s threat to reduce the pressure of water for people who didn’t pay.

‘That shouldn’t have been said’.
‘In fact it was wrong that it was said’.
‘Yes - the threat to reduce the pressure was wrong’.

Funny enough with the roundabout bullshit but even more funny that the CEO of Irish Water wax standing beside him nodding away, when presumably he would have signed off on the pressure threat (or probably not actually given the way the organisation seems to be run).

It’s incredible how badly the Government have fucked this up. If you are going to ask people to pay for water at least set the fucking organisation up properly. Also if anything the bust and FAS etc told us is that public sector bodies need to lack the waste of previous times. They were paying their staff bonuses! Who is to blame here? Was Hogan a complete joke or what?

Now we have a situation where Enda is rowing back because of a protest. Ridiculous.

It’s a human right to housing, food etc aswell will the government now be providing them for free also?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1041552, member: 24”]
Now we have a situation where Enda is rowing back because of a protest. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think you are underestimating the scale of the protests … this is not like others, this is not going to go away…this is the straw that broke the camel’s back and people have had enough … and not just rent a crowd… this is the middle class saying no…Kenny has no choice but to row back…its still going to be too little too late for him…

Back in the days before the fetishisation of the free market took hold, governments used to provide free housing. When they stopped doing so we got property bubbles.

A lady called Catherine Murphy has produced an Irish Water fact sheet on Twitter. The bold Gemma O’Doherty retweeted it a short while ago too. The levels of cronyism and back scratching going on appears to be off the scale. Obviously this has been strongly mentioned already but it’s pretty stark when all the roles and links to Poolbeg etc are laid out together.

Put it up there