Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

My source tells me that “everyone” in Waterford had him backed. Powers for some bizarre reason priced him up at 9/2. Local bookies were best priced 11/4. Some powers shops suspended betting and others didn’t. A few of the shops that suspended betting, re-opened betting again with him still at 9/2.

Who is refusing the payout?

all of them I believe

Second league round of the championship started tonight.

Mount Sion 4-18 Ballyduff Upper 0-14. Richie Roche with 3 goals.

Who.

Who what?

Waterford 6-23 Offaly 0-14.

SH challenge today.

Jesus. Whelehan doesn’t have much to deal with but he couldn’t be said to be getting the most out of the Offaly lads

Good win for your lads today Fagan. Young Gleeson hurled a mountain of ball, might we have found the successor to Ken?

Last two quarter finals today.
Mount Sion 1-21 Abbeyside 0-15
Ballygunner 3-20 Lismore 2-12

Semi final draw
Mount Sion v De La Salle
Ballygunner v Dungarvan

Both games next weekend.

Mount Sion won at their ease against Abbeyside. Eoin McGrath was excellent all through and Martin O Neill was clinical on the frees. Goalkeeper Ian O’Regan was in fine form and made three fine saves. He also took one for the team when he hauled down Patrick Hurney to give away a penalty that wasn’t converted. Tony Browne played wing forward and was passable. Austin Gleeson had a fine second half at centre back. Mount Sion are solid enough at the back but don’t have enough upfront to trouble the Royalist mob.

I didn’t bother staying to see Ballygunner as I can’t stand the cunts.

Gleeson is a phenomenal prospect, what were the co champ results there today ?

See my previous post.

He hasn’t the physique yet to impose himself on a game the way Ken could. He has unbelievable wrists though. The distance he can hit the ball with no back lift is astonishing.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1016614, member: 706”]

I didn’t bother staying to see Ballygunner as I can’t stand the cunts.[/QUOTE]

They won at their ease, despite been a man down for most of the second half.

You’re a happy man tonight Fagan? They really finished powerfully.

We’re the semis played ?

Mount Sion beat De La Salle 2-17 to 0-16 this evening. Ballygunner v Dungarvan on tomorrow evening.

First semi final was tonight. Big shock as Mount Sion beat the Royalist filth and hot favourites for the title, De La Salle 2-17 to 0-16 in the Field of Dreams.

Super performance by the Mount Sion back line, ably marshalled by full back Chris Ryan. Half back line of Michael Gaffney, Austin Gleeson and Owen Whelan were dominant throughout while Martin O’Neill and Midget Roche held the edge at midfield. Goalkeeper Ian O’Regan made a couple of super saves at key points.

Mount Sion have a weak enough full forward line, which was why the game was close for so long. The half forward line of Tony Browne, Eoin McGrath and Martin Fish O’Neill were on top for most of the game. Tony get three lovely points from play while Eoin is the playmaker in the style that the Monasterymen play now.

The game was even enough until half time, but Mount Sion got goals from Midget and Sean Ryan just after half time. The Redmondites never got back into the game after that. Bizarrely stationing the ineffectual Kevin Moran at full forward for the entire second half De La Salle were being beaten out the field. Austin Gleeson gave a bravura performance at centre back while Martin O’Neill was imperious on the frees. By the end De La Salle were reduced to a disheartened rabble.

Gaffney took a yellow giving Mullane a ferocious dunt at the start. Mullane was reduced to a couple of cameos after that. Father Time had caught up with him.

I was sitting in front of Scully Ryan the former Waterford manager. Scully took every opportunity to criticise Kevin Moran, the man who led the putsch against him. He got plenty of opportunities. Moran was anonymous.

Mount Sion into our first county final since 2006.

What age is Sean Ryan now ? Isn’t Ken a selector now as well ?

Midget Roche :clap:

Martin Fish O’Neill :clap:

Sean must be 32 at this stage. Ken was there alright but I don’t think he’s a selector. We were overjoyed to beat these preening cunts.