Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Was Sheedy over Tipp in 2008 ?

He was. My mistake

Demographic doping.

1 Like

They were ambushed in 2008 semi . Their thoughts were on the final

Iā€™d be very surprised if Cahill is offered the Tipp job again if he turns it down. Unless he wins an A/I with Waterford and Tipp fall on very hard times but all things being equal I doubt it would be forgotten when the job is up for grabs again

Youā€™re an awful clown at times.

I would disagree with this. He has a far better chance of beating Limerick with Tipp than Waterford imho.

1 Like

Sshhh, heā€™s pretending againā€¦

1 Like

We expected to make the final definitely. That Tipp team had just won the league (our last :grimacing:) and Munster and Waterford were in a bit of disarray (Davy in midway through season). Waterford won that game in first ten minutes. Seamus Butler, who never played a championship minute for Tipp after that game, got a slap in the stomach before the ball was thrown in by the Waterford goalie and that set the tone. We were blown out of it. Think it was six points to no score after 10 minutes. Even though I think we were level at half time and lost by two, the opening killed us in a way.

I remember weā€™d a wedding in Madrid on the Friday. Flights were dirt cheap so I booked two back for the Saturday night and two back for the following Wednesday or Thursday. The Mrs at full time said to me ā€œsure at least we will get a holiday out of it :grimacing:ā€

A young @caulifloweredneanderthal appeared on telly a few times during that match too

Maybe thereā€™s a lot more players in tipp than people realise, probably, youā€™d expect so given the recent underage successes. But even after the retirements, thereā€™s more retirements coming down the line in the next two years, the age profile is not good.

Your outrage at Waterford being favourably compared to Tipperary is hilarious.

2 Likes

Callinan was the only young gun getting game time that year, the 2010 U21 team started being blooded the following year leading to a big improvement in the team

They won back to back u20s not so long ago. Lads are hearlding Cork for doing exact same. Tippā€™s 1st half performance against Limerick was phenomenal. The raw materials are there. I dont buy this rebuild angle. Yes tweaks will have to be made but Tipp with B and C at the helm would rattle Limerick (again imho).

1 Like

You are hilarious. Stupidly, but still funny.

Tippā€™s first half performance is overstated. When Limerick decided to they stopped tipp playing and that was the end of that.

Personally Iā€™d fear Waterford more now and I think they have greater potential in the next year to two.

Keep codding yourself that tipp are relevant.

Tipp should have been further out of sight but for wastefulness. You can view that 2nd half a number of ways.

The only way to view that second half is the end of that great tipp team that were mostly excellent for a decade.

That is one way.

Spot on.

Tipp emptied their stones before HT and couldnā€™t raise a gallop once Limerick figured it all out at HT.

Callinan & maybe Noel McGrath may walk but other than that the existing squad wonā€™t be moving unless shoved by new management imo.

Legs and better S&C required to beat Limerick and itā€™s no guarantee then tbh.

1 Like