Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

did mt sion sneak the odd senior football title??

Are the kids only allowed play gaa activities during the day?

2 Likes

Ireland was always riddled with informers

1 Like

Not an issue in this household. We’re not Ballygunner club members.

Give over talking shite. You are making a complete tool out of yourself. And for what? To prove yourself an FAI soccer head.

I could not care less if those young lads play soccer in Ballygunner’s GAA facilities. But give over on Joe Duffy shite about U10s. Would the situation be any different if they were U15s? Is rain wetter for U10s?

2 Likes

Of course it would. Children are different to teenagers. You’re defending this nonsense and your only argument is that I’m making a show of myself

I haven’t mentioned soccer outside the context or tried to defend the FAI. You haven’t been rational since you waded in

Do you not see wrong in this? Straight question

It’s the rules of the association kid. Ballygunner broke the rules.

You’re a soccer man. You support a franchise Manchester City that flaunt the rules, engage in financial doping and have state owners from Abu Dhabi that stone people to death and chop their hands off. I’m sure it’s a big shock for you to hear that there’s rulebooks out there that a lot of people have to adhere to.

2 Likes

It’s a lovely cosy space i have inside your head

2 Likes

How many ways do you want me to say the same thing? I have no personal problem with youngsters, of whatever age, playing soccer or whatever in a GAA facility. That Rubicon has long since been crossed. The person who contacted the GAA over the issue had very little to be doing.

My problem is with people like you, people who appear to think Joe Public somehow ‘owns’ every GAA ground in the country (via that spurious ‘Exchequer’ line). Vested GAA grounds are private property and the GAA – same as every other sport in Ireland – is under no obligation to promote other codes. Here, the GAA is merely the same as every other sports organization and not in any way different. You are asking of the GAA what you would not ask of any other sports organization, which essentially makes you a bigot. What I am pointing out – to your obvious discomfort – is the clear double standard involved. Showjumping and cycling etc.

Hate the GAA away – I suspect, like other soccer heads I have run across, you think being ‘anti Gah’ gives you some sort of contrarian kudos. But do not think you are anything but a bigot.

We all saw what happened over the Liam Miller Testimonial. We all heard the comments by the likes of Damien Duff and Stephen Kenny. They excoriated the GAA in terms that would have been pilloried if any other sports organization had been in question. The GAA was basically bullied by a media mob into opening up a ground. You can perfectly well agree with the ground being used but deplore the means by which the ground was obtained.

Yet we were told back in the mid 2000s, after rugby and soccer had been played in Croke Park, such comments would never be heard again. The GAA, we were told by idiots such as Martin Breheny, was moving into a brave new era. The GAA would be reap, we were told, a windfall of changed attitudes and perceptions.

So why did we hear, a dozen and more years later, those comments from the likes of Duff and Kenny? Those comments were as if rugby and soccer had never been played in Croke Park. I predicted at the time exactly what transpired. There is a bedrock of hatred regarding the GAA and this seam will always be there, as this thread is proving once more.

The really interesting facet is how little criticism Bohemian FC have received for a lack of facilities.

2 Likes

I merely stated that advertising a facility for lease and then not allowing a code lease it because of a sport they play is narrow minded , closeted and bigoted.

You’ve invented all the other arguments yourself. If you want to argue against points I’m not making then shoot for the stars, I won’t be defending them

My point on facilities was more related to community than ownership, very often community fundraising helps pay for these facilities, to forcibly remove community from availing of it is narrow minded, selfish and ultimately counter productive

There seems to have been a decent backlash by some non selfish gaa people to this too.

Your stance is incredibly narrow minded

2 Likes

To get back on topic here Nire beat Rathgormack 1-07 to 0-09 in the Senior Football final.
In truth Rathgormack beat themselves with some wayward shooting in the 2nd half.

Just the 5 of them.

1 Like

The Nire beat Rathgormack 1-7 to 0-9 in the Comeragh derby Senior Football Final.

1 Like

I already knew you cannot deal with my points, because of the Manchester City-supporting world in which you live. That world is a really narrow place.

Said narrowness really came across via an amusing incident a few years ago in a Kilkenny pub. Teatime and ROI playing the Faroe Islands or some such crowd in some bargain bin qualifier tie. The pub, now sadly closed, was the smallest one in the town. Said tie was on a television high up on the back wall.

I was drinking a pint, reading The Guardian and minding my own business. At the bar, to my right, was one of the most unpleasant latchikos around – a nigh professional soccer head, full of guff about Dah Gah. He began talking loudly about how disgraceful it was that I was paying no attention “to the Irish national team”. Without looking up, I said: “I enjoy watching the Irish national team every time it plays Scotland’s shinty team.”

The place laughed. Yer man shut up.

1 Like

Cool story bro

2 Likes

Utter rubbish.

The rule is there until it is rescinded.

@Horsebox?

Can you explain wtf this dolt is trying to achieve with this

1 Like

https://www.localgymsandfitness.com/IE/Waterford/524068901076316/Workout-With-Martina

The rule isn’t enforced equally. It is bigoted.

End result, community kids train outdoors.

You defend this

Both the GAA club and the soccer club were happy with the lease agreement and now they can no longer be facilitated. You support this

1 Like

Short answer: foolishness.

You cannot unstupid or unbigot people.

Then again, Irish people whose emotional life centres around what happens in a Northern English city are a strange breed.

1 Like

You really are a bit caught in the head.

I have said the exact opposite in clear English.