Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Kenmare and Kilmoyley from Kerry

I see the late Seamus McIntyre in the Kenmare line up, a dual kerry minor and stalwart Kerry senior hurler for a decade or so., was on the Kerry team that beat Waterford in 1993, lost his life very young in a car crash

2 Likes

Joe brolly there

be gorra he is, Kevin Lynch’s strong hurling club, wonder was Joe much use, when did he give it up I wonder

I heard he wasn’t bad . He had searing pace

Feardorcha Ó DruchĂĄin is a mighty name altogether. A young Flutehook should also be in there as part of the Dublin FĂ©ile A winners.

1 Like

Freddie Drohan as he was known to the English speaking community in Waterford.

1 Like

Significantly less formidable alright, more like the name of an apprentice chimney sweep.

1 Like

A few Toome stalwarts there

2 Likes

Carrickmacross leading the charge for equality or else they literally had no other boys

When we were in primary school, we’d go out to play Ballygunner NS. Their best player by a mile was one of the Whitty girls. Of course she had to give up the game when she went to secondary because none of the girls schools in the town played camogie- it wasn’t a thing in Waterford in those days- and there was no pathway through boys under age hurling for her.

2 Likes

Dublin hosted that year. We had 2 lads from Ballygar in Roscommon staying in our house. One of them had a moustache, a leather biker jacket and smoked Carroll’s. I have a sneaking suspicion he rode my 16 year old sister after the ceili but she still denies it.

10 Likes

:rofl:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2021/0615/1228294-i-knew-it-was-the-cruciate-again-i-heard-the-pop/

1 Like

That pop is a sickening feeling

Sion are back @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

In the u-15s final against the Gunners as well. Years of hard work at under age beginning to pay off.

3 Likes

Philly Flynn’s young lad at the back there with the man of the match trophy.

1 Like

Iggy’s nephew in the goal.

1 Like

4-14 to 3-3 I think was the score, a bit of hiding.
Must be a lot of the kids of the 90s/00s team?

Funny old game.

Roanmore beat Ballygunner to win the under 12 last year before Ballygunner came back and absolutely hammered Roanmore at under 13s this year and looked to have gone through the roof skill and physicality wise. Roanmore felt they had a good side.

I’m surprised at that result tonight.