Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Looking forward to the Dungarvan derby tomorrow. Come on the blues.

Is Pat Flynn gone? Heā€™s still a young man.

Think this is a new role like in Wexford.

So ye will have Skin in the game

As far as I can recall Skin has an MBA.

Waterford SHC semi final draw:

MT Sion v Ballygunnar
Dungarvan v Roanmore

Dungarvan beat Abbeyside by ten and it could have been 15. Paddy Curran dragged Prunty all over the field who didnā€™t look comfortable at 6. At the same time Abbeyside conceded 5 goals all the same from long balls that went over the top. Michael Kiely scored 3 goals and Gavin Crotty won 2 penalties that Paddy finished.

Had heard around the town they were flying it and they were really impressive. Half back line of Jamie Nagle, Kieran Power and Darragh Lyons is very strong.

Iā€™m not sure what roanmore are like but Dungarvan will be hard bet based on that.

Tom Kiely, who played on the Waterford team that reached the 1992 All Ireland Minor Final has passed away. RIP

1 Like

At least two of that team gone now.

Very sad. RIP

Yeah, Paul Foley a few years ago.

Terribly sad. Didnā€™t know him personally but would see him around and played against him plenty of times. Tough bastard on the field.
I suppose it always hits home a bit more when itā€™s a contemporary or someone around your own age.
RIP and condolences to his wife and family.

4 Likes

Died from a heart attack in the gym. Still a very fit man at 47 by all accounts. Stories like that are very sobering.

2 Likes

Any man in his 40ā€™s would want to be getting himself a full check up. While playing into my 40ā€™s and picking up a few more bits and pieces than I did in earlier years, a much smarter man than me noted that things start to give way in in your 40s and youā€™d want to be acting accordingly.

Bed of heaven to him.

2 Likes

DLS v Ballysaggart called off. Flood light failure in the Fraher Field. Game never we even started.

A long spin home for Buff

1 Like

Poor fucker

The Co Board would want to get someone in to have a look at those lights. Not the first time thereā€™s been a problem :open_mouth:

Abbeyside are still bitter bout that one :rofl:

You might think so, I couldnā€™t possibly comment

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

BG two up v MS at HT. good game, Sion on top for most of the half. Sion gave away some really soft scores, needless frees and I counted Fanning giving away three scores directly and Dessie has two scored off him. MS will be disappointed at the break but still very much in it.