Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Ballygunner leading 0-19 to 1-15 with 5 to go.

Not going by that score they aren’t

Ballygunner ahead by 2.

Back to 1. Ballygunner leading 0-20 to 1-16.

Ballygunner win.

My god what was Portlaw man Kirwan thinking

MS will never have a better chance

When is the last time a team got that close to Ballygunner? Good sign going forward

Next year, Ballygunner will most likely have the most hyped hurler in Waterford coming out of minor grade since Paul Flynn, 30 years ago in 1992, in their ranks.

That highly rated?

Doubt that very much. Flynn was a phenom. That lad you refer to has hardly set world alight at schools or county level.

3 Likes

Good sign for us anyway. It’ll keep lad interested.

You should have won that. Ballygunner were there for the taking today. They’re a bit off key and not firing at the moment.

A good few well informed out Ballygunner way see him as better than Flynn and more naturally talented at the same age.
I don’t see it even remotely close, but I am not seeing this young fella day in day out. Flynn was a complete one off. This lad is very good but nowhere near a Paul Flynn IMO.But if he is as naturally good as they say and can stay disciplined in training then who knows.

I thought ye might catch them. But I am thinking all year this is the year to catch them and am wrong so far. They are in a bit of a transition by their standards so if they are not taken out in the county final they will come back next year with more in the tank to add another 5 onto what they already have.

1 Like

Roanmore with a 6 point win over Dungarvan. 1st final since 1990.

Didn’t see that coming. Dungarvan must have lacked a bit of fortitude

Great for you to have a Mount Sion ‘gene pool’ club to cheer for on county final day.

1 Like

Queally has form for beating the gunners in co finals

Same here. Dungarvan looked to be playing very well this year. Had an impressive win v Abbeyside last week to set them up for today. Roanmore have been functional for the last few years without ever really looking like winning anything.

1 Like