Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Roanmore need a bigger backroom team.

Yeah they did. It’s a strong wind too.

1 Like

Blowing into the corner though

A right hammering. Very surprised Roanmore beat Dungarvan last week. But I don’t think it would have made much difference today. Ballygunner were too good. Played within themselves at times.

Interesting the injured Philip Mahoney was given the selectors gig while the injured Tim O’Sullivan was merely given a role in the backroom team.

Roanmore had 25 subs :joy:

Any fella from the parish who wasn’t named in the 15

1 Like

Nice motivator for Ballygunner now next year to get the 9 in a row that Erins Own and Mount Sion have. Few very good lads starting to come through for them as well which is a concern for every other club.

Did they have a good singsong at the end?

No idea I fucked off out of it to the pub down the street.

1 Like

For a team that’s won 8 in a row, Ballygunner have contributed poorly to the Waterford senior team over that period.

When Mount Sion won 9 in a row, they provided 6 on an All Ireland winning team and most of the key men too.

1 Like

Ballygunner have lots of very good club hurlers. They play in a system that they all know. They just keep churning them out .

Stephen O Keefe emphatically ruling out a return to intercounty next year. Very disappointing.

He knows.

OB looked a little shaky at times for DLS last night.

Ballygunnar with 21 people in the backroom/medical etc

It’s gone crazy,folks.Sad to see.

1 Like

What they’ve done in Munster let alone All Ireland is very poor for all their dominance in the last 20 years. Unless Ballygunner can start winning Munster and AI clubs then they cannot be ranked alongside the Portumna’s, Ballyhale’s, Birr’s, Athenry’s , Newtownshandrum’s in terms of top class club teams. Even the dominance DLS had a few years back yielded better returns

1 Like

Ballyhale Shamrocks have produced plenty of good club hurlers over the last 40 years that have played well within a club system. A clatter of Fennellys, Henry Shefflin, TJ Reid and Cha Fitzpatrick managed to contribute a bit for the county team as well when they were taken out of the club bubble.

A single household in Ballysaggart, one of the most sparsely populated outposts in the county has contributed more to the county team over the past few years than what Ballygunner with their conveyor belt and most of the city to pick from have done in the last 15.

3 Likes

They would have to be very disappointed with their yield alright. I think anytime you get tight to their forwards they struggle to make head way. No excuse though. They have the pick, the facilities, the set up and the success so they should be doing a hell of a lot better.

Is it the Clare champions they are playing in Munster? Don’t think they’ve even played quarter finals in Clare yet so a long lay off now before that which is not ideal.

8 weeks of a break I think for Ballygunner.