Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Indeed it is. And it’s fantastic and should be applauded. The love of club, the pride in your home place, the connection with your people. Beautiful.

1 Like

A cursory glance at the GAA rulebook confirms that Ballygunner were in breach of GAA rules and Headquarters in Croke Park have acted correctly here.

That’s not going to stop the usual badly informed suspects like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @EstebanSexface screeching about bigotry, government funding and all sorts of conspiracy theories.

CHAPTER 5 - CONTROL OF ASSOCIATON PROPERTY

5.1 Uses of Property
(a) All property including Grounds, Club Houses, Halls, Dressing Rooms and Handball Alleys owned or controlled by units of the Association (“Association Property”) shall be used only for the purpose of or in connection with the playing of the Games controlled by the Association, and for such other purposes, which accord with the Aims of the Association, that may be sanctioned from time to time by Central Council.

(b) Central Council has the power, in exceptional circumstances, to authorise the use of Association Property held by a County Committee, Provincial Council or Central Council for activities other than those controlled by the Association in accordance with policy adopted by Central Council.

(c) Central Council has the power to authorise the use of Association Property which is located outside of Ireland for games other than those controlled by the Association.

Penalty:
In the event of any Club, County Committee, or Provincial Council acting contrary to this Rule, that body shall be subject to suspension or fine, as deemed appropriate.

@Fagan_ODowd

Ye’ll win a county yet :soccer:

the rules are bigoted mate

Stick to firing fireworks. You know feck all about the GAA.

1 Like

He actually knows loads. Nobody reads or replies to more GAA threads than the selfish giant.

1 Like

That’s hard to believe in fairness

Thanks for this clarity.

Here is the fiasco that was the whole Rule 42 ‘debate’. 20 years ago, the GAA – or a really large portion of it, rather – started saying in effect they no longer owned their main stadium. The idea that a soccer club is entitled to use a GAA facility arose at that moment. Hence we also had the more significant fiasco around Liam Miller’s testimonial in 2018. A soccer club is no more entitled to use a GAA facility than I am entitled to go for a swim in a lake on a golf course. We are talking about private property, not a public park.

The truth is that there is a far higher class of a volunteer in a GAA club, generally speaking, than in a soccer club. Soccer, among other aspects, is a failure of taste.

5 Likes

The soccer club in question was renting it out at cost. A choosy whore is the GAA

Yes to Ed Sheerin and getting drunk at music events, no to local people looking to pay to stay fit and active. A shameful organisation really

1 Like

With that type of language, you merely prove my point.

A gross failure in taste.

1 Like

Was public money used in building the facilities? Fundraising in the community? Some community spirit shown there to local people

Elitism at its core

1 Like

I could rattle off a list of GGA volunteers that are rapists, child killers and paedophiles easily enough so stop with this exceptionalism.

Is bigoted to have a rule where you can’t hire out a hall to other sports

What does “elitism” mean in your lexicon?

The “public money” bullshit we heard all about in relation to Croke Park.

You are laughable in the way of all histrionics.

Tis easy touch a nerve with certain lads.

Infer it from the context, you think you’re better than everyone else, don’t you because you happened to play a different sport than people.

The other team in question weren’t looking for favour, they were a local team looking to pay an advertised rate for a facility.

If I was in that community to do all I could to ensure that facility wasn’t used by anyone until it was available to all

See above

1 Like

I said at the core. The GAA stopped them from doing it.

My two cents here

Whoever grassed Ballygunner is a cunt

The rule needs debating

Where did the millions generated by the FAI over the years go ???

A sad indictment of John Delaney’s tenure that he couldn’t help this club in his home city develop their own facilities. You were a big John Delaney fan, weren’t you?

4 Likes

You are talking utter bullshit. Should polo be played in Ballygunner GAA grounds? Should lacrosse? Should hockey? How elastic would the ‘inclusiveness’ have to become before it met your typical soccer head’s criteria?

A failure of taste. And of intellect.

The FAI comprises a shower of crooks that depended on schematized ticket touting as part of their ‘business plan’.

2 Likes