Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Thought Barron would be back for this one.

Must be a worry he will have barely played before Championship comes around. Hes the man that makes them tick unless that prick WOD is throwing his weight around.

Calum Lyons has been out also, another massive player for Waterford

1 Like

Jamie not due back for at least two more weeks. Might get some game time v Kilkenny. Same for Calum Lyons

1 Like

ā€œ Waterford were in top form today at Walsh Park against Tipperary in the National Hurling League, great depth to the squad at the moment and as far as I can see they seem to have a player just as good to fill in for any of the regular team in every positionā€¦this squad of players hasnā€™t just materialised out of thin airā€¦a huge amount of work being done behind the scenes and of course by our manager Liam Cahillā€¦today I definitely saw the edge that he brigs to the team and his second half confrontation with Tipperary manager Colm Bonner left me in no doubt about his total commitment to the causeā€¦if looks could kill, Colm was a dead manā€¦I am already looking forward to the rematch in the Munster Championship on Sunday 17th April in Walsh Parkā€¦well done Waterford. ā€œ

Youā€™d have to say that Cahill made the right choice, he knew a lost cause when he saw one.

Liam wasnā€™t getting what he wanted with Tipp Co Board.

He is ruling the roost in Waterford, getting supports needed, putting the structures in place to build an effective panel.
There is talent in Waterford but he knew he needed complete control to fully utilise it.

If Tipp canā€™t muster up a fight then Iā€™ll be delighted to see Liam doing well with Waterford.

He owes Tipperary Gaa sweet fuck all.

5 Likes

He was treated very shabbily by the Tipperary County Board in 2018.

Thereā€™s something very admirable about the way he stuck to his guns last summer.

Your apology is accepted.

The Waterford playerā€™s would be die for him now.

Heā€™s a likeable, mad man.

He told the Ballygunner lads they werenā€™t fit after they went back training after the Club All Ireland.

No apology.

If Cahill had got what he deemed fair he was taking it.

You seem unable to comprehend that simple piece of info.

After 2 weeks of drinking who would be fit!

2 Likes

I said Cahill would take the Waterford job.

You said as a proud tipp man he would do Jo such thing and made a big song and a dance about it.

I was right and you were wrong.

You stand corrected.

How do you take a job you already hold?

1 Like

Whoā€™s the next best player in Mount Sion after Aussie?

Still giving lads every chance to stake a claim. Mahonyā€™s first start in 2 years. See if he is anywhere near the pace of the intercounty game.
Interesting to see how I Daly goes at full back. Especially with Kenny and McNulty in beside him.
Big day for the younger Daly at midfield. With Jamie Barron and Calum Lyons still out he has a real chance to grab a starting jersey for the championship with a good showing.

Not a whole lot to bring in off the bench to change it if itā€™s going badly.

Fagan will probably have another but for me it is Stephen Roche.

There is probably a clutch of them that are of all the same level. Martin F Oā€™Neill and Martin ONeill Owen Whelan.
A lad that gives a good account of himself anytime I have seen them play is full back Luke Oā€™Brien.

1 Like

Luke and Alan Kirwan got some time with the extended county panel this year.

Are Barron and Lyons far off returning and will they make the championship?