Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Shane played at 7 when Waterford won the minor AI in 13 and he filled in at 6 last year when TDB was injured. I donā€™t think heā€™ll make it in the forwards this year but is too good not to be in the 15. I think he attacks the ball better in the HB line

Very wet here in Nowlan Park

1 Like

The great thing about Nowlan Park is thatā€™s itā€™s pretty much all covered.

Luckily thereā€™s covered accommodation on all 4 sides of that fine venue.

1 Like

Some wonderful split screen coverage there on Tg4 cc @Bandage

The layout of the split screen is very confusing

Fucks sake man - @Fagan_ODowd hasnā€™t hurled at this level in years.
He can be very good in other roles like jam and sloe wine making (and adjudicating) but the hurling is over.

Good points. I thought SB was decent at centre back last year. I suppose the question might become whether Iarlaith Daly can hurl at left corner back, which I imagine he could.

Happy with win, which I thought not so likely beforehand. Kilkenny really need game time for certain players. But Waterford should have scored two goals in first half.

Tadhg de BĆŗrca and Austin Gleeson are absolutely savage hurlers.

I thought I Daly got a bit of a cleaning today at FB and I donā€™t think heā€™d be a corner back either, HB line is the only place for him. I think finding two corner backs alongside Prunty is Waterfordā€™s biggest challenge.
Waterford were well on top early but werenā€™t clinical enough. Aussie missed a sitter and C Daly was through another time but tried a looping hand pass too early and it was easily intercepted. Kiely had a few chances too.
With regards KK, I thought Butler and Blanchfield had fine games, Cillian Buckley had a good 2nd half, Billy Ryan had I Daly in bother. Who of significance is left to come back into the KK team, TJ?
A few of those Waterford lads that hurled today Iā€™d doubt weā€™ll see again for the year, Simply Not Good Enough!
I said it earlier but Johnny Murphy makes shit of any game heā€™s involved with. When is the championship panel for referees being announced as he cannot seriously be left near a big game

They love Johnny in Croke Park. If Limerick are not in the All-Ireland final heā€™ll be refereeing it.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll just show you that none of them in Croke Park watch a game of hurling

And therein lies the problem. Thereā€™s a phalanx of them on a committee up there that want paint-by-numbers referees and theyā€™ve created a fair few of them.

1 Like

Johnny could be our 16th man this year

He could do untold to someone elseā€™s title hopes alright.

Fergal Horgan useless as well.

Billy Nolan was very poor for the two goals today. I think weā€™ve settled the goalkeeper issue.

Fully agree on Nolan. I thought he had a poor outing in goal. Being harsh but if he didnā€™t throw himself on his back and stood his ground heā€™d have saved the second one. The first one was poor keeping too. His puck outs and his general use of the ball were poor as well. Thatā€™s him cooked Iā€™d say.

I managed to be right behind the line of both shots. The first one was a run of the mill shot at a great height to stop. The second one he was on his arse more or less before the ball was struck.

Soky is a terrible loss.

1 Like

When I was watching League Sunday yesterday morning, I thought the first goal was a floated shot right down the middle of the goal. I donā€™t know what he did to evade it. The second goal wasnā€™t an error per se, but I agree he went down a bit early. Fanning used to do that quite a bit for Wexford - fall backwards onto his arse - as a shot was being struck and keepers invariably donā€™t make saves when they do that unless the ball luckily strikes a dangling foot or something. Not that purveyors of the Waterford thread will care but Fanning seems to have eradicated it from his game in recent times.

1 Like