Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

A businessman from Portlaw might disagree.

1 Like

Every county has their slush funds.

So there is something to tell?

Would be a very handy spin for Shefflin compared to his current one. Also no more guaranteed handshakegates with Cody unless they were to meet in the latter stages of the championship.

A few rumours that Darren Gleeson might be getting the gig.

Are you happy for him to continue his work and further develop this fine young team he has built?

When I said he doesnā€™t get into conflict with players it wasnā€™t in the sense that he is conflict averse. Anything but, it is more so that there is a culture and boundaries in place that players know that if there is conflict to be had with him that there will be one winner and a good chance their I/C days will be numbered.

Compared to Cahill who has made utterances to the media about his players after matches and there have been a few examples of strong words exchanged with players during water breaks over the previous seasons. That kind of conflict wouldnā€™t take place with Cody

Austin Gleeson is about the least of Waterfordā€™s problems. He attracts an awful lot of misinformed comment.

10 Likes

Pure jealously

1 Like

In fairness (and Iā€™d be one of his biggest fans) he is brilliant and maddening in equal measure.

1 Like

Id say Derek used the word ā€œaffirmativeā€ as well

1 Like

I spoke to a West Waterford man last weekend about this idea of Power.

He seemed to think it was a non runner. Deemed his success with Underage teams too long ago and the fact heā€™s a city clubman would go against him also ( which baffled me ).

Same chap didnā€™t seem too horned up over Moloumby either. I got the feeling he wanted another outsider too.

There is no chance of Power getting the job.

Has Sean power managed any of the teams in Mount Sion since those underage wins?

He was with Dunhill last year I think?

Not that I can remember.

If I was a Waterford man, Iā€™d probably be more enthusiastic about Gleeson than most of the other outsiders that get touted. I know heā€™s only been coaching Antrim but there seems to be a marked style of play, an improvement in performances.

I think he has Brendan Murphy from Offaly in there and a few Antrim selectors. Not sure if he has his own man as coach.

I donā€™t even recall him being involved with the senior team as part of the back room team. He may well have been but I wouldnā€™t know that much about Mount Sion.

Some hurler

1 Like

Think he might have been on a back room team one year.

And Clinton Hennessey. County board could do worse than phone Clinton.