Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

He was heading in the direction of the deli counter alright. I didn’t hang around for long enough to ascertain his end destination.

1 Like

I’d have a bit of confidence when I see Fergal involved to be honest.

Who would you think they’ll go for???

Would Fergal Hartley not be a candidate for the job? It’s a smaller scale but Mick Fennelly got the Offaly job after being on the group to appoint someone, Billy lee the same in Limerick football.

Personally don’t think he could do it with his work commitments.

Fergal would have plenty on his plate running his recruitment business and Ballygunner.

Hasn’t he recently taken on someone to run that business for him?

Don’t know to be honest.

They say if you want something done then ask a busy person. He already has experience of a high profile environment in Ballygunnar and would have knowledge of nearly every player in the county.

A gunners man mightn’t please the MS old school.

Liam Sheedy did that too?

Could be someone out of left field

1 Like

No I think Sheedy was involved in appointing Bonnar afaik as Teneos final involvements in their failed sponsorship of the county.

I don’t think it would bother us at this stage. I just want us to win the All Ireland. If it’s a Gunners man that takes us to the promised land then I am good with that.

Was Sheedy not on the panel after Mick Church stepped down in 2018?

And Cahill thought he would get it, but then Sheedy applied himself?

I wouldn’t be exactly sure but yes Sheedy did come it at the 23rd hour. His digs towards Cahill in some of his media pieces are of no help.

Any candidates in Waterford? Your man Power or even Derek Lyons? Stephen Molumphy seems to take a no bull approach in Waterford.

Derek with Brick was one combo I heard.

Further afield Eddie Brennan, William Maher.

I presume they don’t have the budget for Davy Fitz, not that they want him.

Dont think Derek is putting his name forward. Best in Waterford imo would be Peter Queally, Tony Browne or Daragh O Sullivan. Would love to see Mullane in as a coach. From outside the county Darren Gleeson or maybe a chance on James Woodlock.

Is Mullane cosching with DLS?

No. He is involved with the camogie there. Has a couple of daughters playing. Excellent coach.

1 Like

Wasn’t he with a Wexford club?