Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Derek seemingly not putting his name forward. Queally would be out of his depth. Molumphy very much in the frame. Eddie Brennan and Brendan Cummins from outside the county.

He was helping to coach Adamstown. It wouldn’t be a good look if he was involved this year as they’ve lost 4 on the bounce in intermediate so far. Think it was back around 2019 he was coaching them though.

1 Like

Could have been, not sure. Was involved with Waterford u21 some years back, also did a few sessions with Cappoquin when they won the Munster Intermediate. Think he was also involved with DLS minors when they won the county.

Counties like Waterford will never win an All Ireland if the keep investing in mercenary managers rather than hiring from in house. The little money they have would be put to better use keeping it in the county.

1 Like

I would have Queally ahead of Molumphy. Dont see Brendan Cummins getting it, himself and Fintan O Connor come as a package and the county board dont want him. Could’nt see Hartley wanting Brennan anywhere near it. The more I think about it Darren Gleeson might be worth a bet.

1 Like

Eddie’s cv is uninspiring. Won a joe mcdonagh with laois and bet dublin. Went backwards the following year with stookgate. Managed kk u20s to a loss to westmeath. Took over a cuala team going for 4 in a row and fell flat.

3 Likes

If they could get Herity away from the Kildare job, I think he’d be a great appointment for Waterford. Although he seems fairly invested in Kildare

I think Herity will give the Joe Mc a serious crack with Kildare in the next few years. Next year is the first time they are in the 2nd tier for league and championship.

1 Like

Absolutely. If the county focussed on hurling they’d make a serious lash at it and get up to the Liam Mac.
Gerry Keegan is some player they have too.

They’ve a number brilliant players. I’ve been very impressed with them over the past couple of years. Being in 2a and Joe Mc will help them. They are fairly ruthless too in games.

1 Like

Keegan is a class act. Prob spent his best years in Aus. Would make any county team presently including Lk. Burke and Boran are great yokes also.

2 Likes

I see what you did there :grinning:

Derek was apparently sounding out lads last week. He must have received a knock back to his advances?

Was it Bennett who,at the end of a particular campaign, allegedly asked him was he intending to play the same style the following year and when he was told yes,he said im off??

Supposedly so. I don’t know if that is true but I wouldn’t have blamed him. He was made run around after lost causes on his own in that system.

1 Like

Shane Bennett, yes that’s the story.

1 Like

Would be an ideal job for Breannan

Yes. Think I put up that anecdote a while back.

1 Like

Get Brian Cody in.

The Waterford women look to be following the long-standing semi final template of their menfolk here.

1 Like