Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

If he did get the job, I’d say half the panel would get phone calls not to bother their holes shoeing up to the first team meeting. That is of course if the rumours are true of certain individuals having bigger egos than trump

1 Like

They’re a grand bunch of lads. As @Locke pointed out last week, Waterford have just had the misfortune to be inflicted with a succession of sub-par managers since 1959. Sure Limerick were more or less in the same boat until John Kiely came along. Cody is the man for the job in Waterford.

No arguments regarding Limerick in that one.

Waterford have had a James Stephens man at the helm of course before. Then there’s also @Fagan_ODowd buddy Chuck O’Connor who hurled for James Stephen when he transferred up from Erins Own. Chuck is probably working away in the background bending Cody’s ear. This is looking like an increasingly logical appointment for all parties.

There’s probably more candidates within a ten mile circle across the bridge than the whole county of Waterford. Would have been a good first iC job for Henry had it been available 12 months ago

Fagan needs to blow the cobwebs off the cheque book and make this happen.

Generally doesn’t end well when Kilkenny men manage Waterford teams. The respective psyches of the counties tend not to be compatible.

I see the Ballygunner intermediates beat the Erins Own first teamers 3-23 to 0-3 in the first round of the Intermediate Championship over the weekend.

Split Ballygunnar in 2

I think a few lads who normally would feature for Ballygunner’s Senior team have been regraded this year to make way for the nine (9) county under 20 panelists they had.

Nuke the cunts

Waterford championship must be the most one sided in Ireland.

1 Like

Ballygunner could conceivably win Senior, Intermediate and Junior A this year. Their Junior A’s beat Roanmore by 2 points opening round over weekend. Roanmore seemingly one of fancied teams in Junior A.

Junior A winner will likely come from a first team in the West albeit it could be Ballygunnar from East if they are that good

Eddie Brennan the chosen one apparently.

1 Like

roanmore 1st team or 2nd team in junior A?

Not sure, that a good choice

1 Like

2nd team. Roanmore were in the Senior Final last year but got an unmerciful beating.

Was looking at the odds and noticed that Lismore are 7/4 v Roanmore which seems big.

Did a small bit of digging and it seems they gave walkovers in the all County league. I know they have a good few County panellists but that’s fair bad.

Do they struggle to keep lads playing?

There’s seemingly a strong enough lobby to get Derek back in the hot seat. Quite apart from anything on the field, Derek was seemingly a money making machine for the County Board the last time he was at the helm.

Derek’s father in law, John Mullane’s father passed away today. RIP.

4 Likes