Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

A “Fives” from Cappoquin just doesn’t have the same ring to it. Isn’t the full name of that club Cappoquin-Affane, maybe Tourin could be incorporated in the future.

Conor Ryan was good from what I have seen in the Fitz too.

I could be wrong but due to rural depopulation Tourin have thrun in their lot with Cappoquin.

Conors father John Ryan was a good full back for Roanmore back in the day. Won a couple of county championships and got a few runs with the county.

You’re correct. Ballysaggert will be in the same situation when the Bennett’s move on. Will be a tough pill to join up with Lismore at adult but that’s the reality.

Tourin have been struggling with numbers for a while and basically only field for championship. The Fives are in favour of the move to cappoquin so that was it.

Shame for a club with a tradition and an actual county senior championship

1 Like

An unconvincing win against a dogged Antrim team playing with 14 men from the 15th minute. A remarkable coincidence that Shaun O Brien has saved last minute penalties against Antrim two years in a row. As with the last two games we needed Ozzie to come in and steady the ship.
Young Conor Ryan showed well. He’s probably not a corner back, more of a Jamie Barron type of a player.

Spoke to man recently who really rates him. Thinks he is made for IC but hasn’t gotba chance.

My missus who is of Dunhill stock says she’s done with them now after hearing they got another red card. Who got sent off this time?

Pretty sure it was a black card/penalty for denying a goal scoring opportunity for Calum Lyons

Yeh, you’re right. Twas a fairly innocuous challenge in fairness. How it was deemed denying a goalscoring opportunity is beyond me.
The depth of our panel was exposed as fairly threadbare today. When your starting full back line scores more than the full forward line, there might be issues to address.

Fergal was waiting all day to level things up.

He did his best, mad decision, great save from O Brien. Waterford are a hard watch at the moment, no need of forwards as no ball is hit in to them. Dessie in for a frustrating year by the looks of things unless they change it up a bit. On the positive side, Prunty, Lyons, Barron and Aussie look back to their best form and with Tadgh, Bennett, Jarlath Daly and Dessie ready to return we will have a strong enough panel. Style has to change though.

Not going to happen.

Decision looked even worse on the telly there.

The last time they showed Waterford in Dungarvan the camera was on the other side

If it was on the other side today you would have seen me and Davy Cullinane.

What’s the weather been like in Waterford since Wednesday?

Will Fraher Field definitely be playable tomorrow?

Not sure what Dungarvan was like but it was lashing down at times yesterday and today in Waterford:

@Bugsy_Malone might know on Dungarvan itself.

1 Like

A few heavy showers but nothing too hectic. It was Tuedsay we had the worst of it. Madness playing the minor match.
I’d imagine the game will go ahead, won’t be top of the ground hurling though!

1 Like

Must be the best entrance to a GAA field in the country.

I wouldnt say its in the top 20

1 Like