Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

I thought Austin was good when he came on, just does things at a higher pace than most players.

I think Waterford could easily beat Cork… but they can’t do what they did today and change the tactics that are working. The tactics after the red card were absolutely crazy and completely different to what had worked at the start of the second half.

Ifs, buts and maybes.

1 Like

Sequencing of games is key in this round robin nonsense. Last year Waterford put a huge effort into first two games, beating Tipperary and losing narrowly to Limerick. Cork were beyond atrocious in their first two games getting beaten out the gate by both Limerick and Clare. Cork were still in a scenario though going into Game 3 against Waterford, where after expending so little energy and effort in their first two games, a win over Waterford would all but secure advancement at Waterford’s expense.

Waterford in a similar enough scenario you’d feel this year. A huge physical effort against Limerick today, which still yielded nothing. Got to lift their tired minds and bodies now to go and get a win against a well rested Cork in Cork next week, or you’d feel they’re probably going out.

A bit like Wexford against Tipp in 2019. Conpletely lost the head.

1 Like

You’d feel there’s a very good chance Limerick and Cork will each win their first three games, leaving one remaining qualifying spot. That wouldn’t be a terrible situation for Waterford.

The sequencing of games isn’t bad for Waterford in my view, ideally you want your “idle” weekend to be in the middle three weekends. That Waterford-Clare game in Thurles will probably be an effective knockout. Clare might well ship a heavy beating from Limerick and not be in great stead going into it.

Waterford have not yet gone into the final game of a round robin with their destiny in their own hands. If they could do that this year, it’d almost be an advance of sorts.

De Burca with yet another season ending injury is some loss.

1 Like

Cork will be up against it next week

1 Like

It was a good defensive effort, I’ll acknowledge that. The forward play was really poor and with any Davy team, goalscoring threat is negligible.

That point he got was sublime. Slingshot wrists.

But he should have taken a point during that run on goal a little later.

Very hard to tell where we are now. You’d say the resurgence of Tipp leaves us with a big struggle to get 3rd place.

Think ye’ll score goals next week

700k raised from the Win a House in Dungarvan raffle. All tickets sold. Some achievement in fairness. Hopefully they ring fence it and keep it away from the poison dwarf.

2 Likes

The should put it into a revolut locker.

I thought it would be more. One of the ticket numbers called out yesterday was up in the 14,800 range. So going by that I thought maybe 15k tickets sold at €100 a pop.

Sure I suppose they had to pay for the house

They could buy some good GPS units with that amount of cash.

He knows too much. Silence him.

Even allowing for that.

That garden shed that Skin was standing in at Winterval didn’t pay for itself.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: