Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

They’ll have Walsh park back next year which will surely help.

1/4 wins in the Round robin suggests otherwise

1 Like

I was talking to a Waterford panelist at the weekend and while he didn’t castigate the set up or anything, he did say that Davy doesnt really talk to many of the players outside of a few of the bigger names about tactics.

Management at the highest level now is about getting to know your players on a personal basis, knowing who they are, what they do outside of sport.

Reminds me of the story Rio Ferdinand told about Sir Alex Ferguson. The Boss had met Rio’s Grandfather once, years earlier, but when he heard he was in hospital, he had a bottle of his favourite whiskey delivered. Ferguson had remembered what it was from one conversation years earlier. Different level.

2 Likes

Pity he didn’t remember to tell Rio to piss in the bottle

1 Like

Ken McGrath, Mount Sion - Manager Dan Shanahan, Lismore
Kevin Moran, De La Salle
Andy Moloney, Ballygunner

Next Waterford U20 management team. To be ratified on a 2 year term.

1 Like

That’s a box office management team

Dan stepping away from his prestigious role in Laois?

Moran the one to watch there. Potential future senior manager.

Andy Moloney has a decent enough coaching record so far too.

As long as he’s not coaching wrist work !

That’s a strong-looking management group and one that could well make the step up if fortune favours them.

1 Like

Would he be a disciple of Derek?

DLS school play a sweeper across the age groups so there’s a good chance he is.

Kevin Moran teaches in De La Salle. Philip Mahony, I think is teaching in De La Salle now as well.

They do.

I’d seriously question how a school with so many boys goes out and plays in that manner but each to their own.

It won them Hartys and all irelands is the pretty obvious answer. Derek won in 07 and 08 with them didnt he?

Long time ago now

The only success they ever had

1 Like

A bad night for the monastery. @Fagan_ODowd

Minors hammered and seniors well beaten.