Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

When are you going to give it a rest? What will have to happen?

5 Likes

Limerick are an era defining team. Won all Irelands in three different formats along with leagues and provincial championships.

Going forward though things look very bleak for hurling. It’s a huge pity as ten years ago Dublin looking like coming into the picture. You’d a good wexford team too around 17/18. Waterford had an exciting team too.

We’ll fall away. A couple of other teams will come to the fore. You’ll always have a few no hoper teams. It’s like a walk of life.

I love hurling and don’t want to see it disappear.

People are rightly critical of the Wexford club championship but at least it gives duel players a chance.

In most other counties club players will have to choose one or the other going forward thanks to the scheduling.

Hurling loses out again.

Don’t see ye falling away for a while yet. Ye have won it every possible way in the last few years in fairness. Front doors, back doors, round robins, blitzes, etc.

2 Likes

Is there one exciting young skilful hurler in tipp, kk or cork between the age of 19 and 23?

I

Eoin Cody

That goal from Gleeson when he burst onto the scene. Against Cork in Thurles, the defending was abysmal but he still ran half the length of the field. :fire: :fire: :fire:

He got another great goal against them in the AI semi in 2017 too.

Ciaran Joyce, Alan Connolly and Ben Cunningham from Cork anyway.

Hard to see Tadhg De Burca coming back from an Achilles on top of two cruciates all in the last 4 years.

Jamie Barron looks done as well and there’s been plenty of talk that he won’t be there in 2024. Shane and Kieran Bennett opted out in 2023. Chat is that Iarlaith Daly, Darragh Lyons and Shane McNulty all opting in 2024. The 10 in a row Ballygunner team don’t want to know about the county set up. Happy to be the only big fish in a small pond.

Pretty much everyone in Waterford hailed the appointment of Davy as calamitous around this time last year. No great surprise as to how it is all playing out now.

1 Like

I think he was the only Waterford player to show up in their COVID final against Limerick?

Huge ability obviously and often only flashed it. Probably the last we will see of him

He throw over a sideline and a few points from play anywya.

He nearly had a goal v Limerick this year too. Think it was kyler who blocked him.

You’re a sickening Cunt sometimes

Nasty fucking post

1 Like

Horseshit, the Waterford county board should

You seem overly exercised at this news, as an avowed Englishman and royalist the intricacies of stickfighting in Waterford as an interest to you appears puzzling to me old chap.

1 Like

Errah Shur he’s really a carla man

Every club weekend is pissing rain?

Austin was and is a flawed character and player.

Wasn’t deserving of that 2016 HOTY and was a player who had great moments rather than a series of great games.

Is there a player with so much talent who doesn’t have a set position due to managers messing and Austin not applying himself 100% to the cause?

2 Likes

are senior inter county panels back training? serious question

if so, i wouldnt blame Aussie