Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

We played a mixture from Clonea recently. I was shocked to learn that they have 60 adult senior hurlers. The sister club in football Rathgormack have done well in football winning senior and junior county titles in recent years so they must, as a whole, be doing something right.

They’re pulling from a big area too, no other decent hurling team around and no parish rule in Waterford, 2 Waterford seniors are trying to join them currently but the county board have blocked it

If Clonae get them two transfers over the line there’s no reason why they can’t compete with all bar ballygunnar. They’ve lost a few games narrowly in recent years. They are a good team.

Clonea beat Tallow by 24 points a fortnight ago.

Good thing Kilmallock didn’t actually lose to Mungret today :confused:

Looks like Davy won the high stakes battle to keep Bomber

3 Likes

3 Likes

More auld sweeper bullshit?

@Fagan_ODowd won’t be happy with the coup by the Wesht crowd

Queally is Ballydurn, middle of the county but I’m pretty sure is East.

You should be more worried about the hiding ye got last night :slight_smile:

Queally is Ballydurn, pure East but not city, ideal appointment, geographically neutral

Lismore a week on from their big moral win over Ballygunner dumped out of the championship by Passage in the preliminary quarter final.

Davy’s henchman and manager of Roanmore.

Did Quelly hurl with Lismore at some point?

Don’t recall him doing that. He played with Sars in cork when he was a guard down there.

That was probably it. I don’t know why I’d Lismore in my head

Think he’s got 4 different teams to Waterford aenior finals - Passage, Abbeyside, DLS and Roanmore.

2 Likes